Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SCALE program at Southwestern  (Read 884 times)

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SCALE program at Southwestern
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2004, 01:09:15 PM »
Swinger is God's gift to the world. Amazing.

As for SW Scale, I like it and will possible consider it when I will be applying to law schools. I think the girl on top exaggerated a bit, it doesn't seem THAT hard. Really, there is nothing special about this 2 year program because (if I am correct) you can take classes at your law school during the summer and graduate in 2 1/2 years if you wanted to.

Plus, we're talking Southwestern here. Not Georgetown. I'm sure the atmosphere is not that competitive or stressful - it sounds like it is mostly for the working professional taking 2 years off to get ahead in life.

I would try to talk to some people who do Scale. It sounds very interesting.

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2004, 01:25:34 PM »
Becoming a lawyer in just two years give me goosebumps. Seriously.

Southwestern has impressive employment numbers considering its ranking. I remember I once called the employment office and someone who works there told me all the stats. I can't remember the exact numbers, but I believe she told me the average private sector was around 100 k. The average in general was about 70 k, but don't quote me on these numbers. It's probably because LA has a good market.

As far as having no breaks, the only downside I see to this is that you will not be able to do much marketing because you will not have summers off. I don't see it as a problem though because people in the real world (and probably your friends while you're in law school) will not have summer breaks either and will work every day. Having a free year after your done with law school could make up for that because you can network and get a good starting job for experience.

What exactly are you numbers? SW is a solid school in general, but I personally would only go here if I didn't get into any Tier 1's or Tier 2's in CA. Its reputation is not all that good in my opinion.

enave

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2004, 08:11:27 PM »
Southwestern's employment stats, from USNEWS, better than SCU and Pepperdine, lagging Loyola handily.

Total graduates: 212
Graduates known to be employed at graduation: 83.5%
Graduates known to be employed nine months after graduation (including 25 percent of those with unknown status): 96.1% Graduates employed at graduation

Starting Salaries (2002 Graduates Employed Full-time)
Private sector (25th-75th percentile): $57,000 - $100,500
Median in the private sector: $82,500
Percent in the private sector who reported salary information: 63%
Median in public service: $40,200

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2004, 08:14:03 PM »
Quite impressive. Can you please give me Loyola/USF stats as well? Thanks!