Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Adderall  (Read 35832 times)

7UP

• View Profile
Re: Adderall
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2004, 05:28:58 AM »
Now, unless you crush the tablets and snort or smoke them, you want get any noticable concentration effect. When taken orally in normal doses, Ritalin/Adderall is not effective (it does not produce a "high" also.)

Not really! Even by just taking them orally, you'd be able to raise your score by at least 5 points -- I've experimented myself. Now, as far as snorting/smoking them, I dunno know, so you may be partially right ... your score may be even higher -- it may just be that the effect onset is much faster, comparable to that of cocaine.

nathanielmark

« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2004, 09:07:36 AM »
7-Up what did you score on the LSAT?  I am very skeptical that amphetamines would cause a 5 point raise.  This would contradict sones experience as well.

Now, unless you crush the tablets and snort or smoke them, you want get any noticable concentration effect. When taken orally in normal doses, Ritalin/Adderall is not effective (it does not produce a "high" also.)

Not really! Even by just taking them orally, you'd be able to raise your score by at least 5 points -- I've experimented myself. Now, as far as snorting/smoking them, I dunno know, so you may be partially right ... your score may be even higher -- it may just be that the effect onset is much faster, comparable to that of cocaine.

Aa

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2004, 10:28:43 AM »

Adderall xr is the best you can stay up 2 or 3 days straight with 2 or 3 25mg pills but when i take that much i cant concentrate at all and when you withdraw you  constantly grind your teeth and they feel numb, you shake alot and cant concentrate my heart beats fast and i get very hot cant eat u feel alot better when u take 1 25mg pill its like speed. but if ur using it to study i wouldnt pop 3 pills when ur on it it feels great but when u get off it it doesnt. sometimes i feel like i need to have it and if i dont have it i feel wierd.also my mouth is always dry but when im on adderall none of that matters becuse
you feel good i dont understand why it does but it does. also some other side effects i have when i come off my back hurts and u feel extremly tired,always thirsty. but i have a prescription for it so its cool. if you get drunk or get high while using it feels 3 times better.i would recommend this to everyone. o ya and when you snort adderall it feels even better it just doesnt last as long. and you can @#!* all night on adderall.  8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D :D im on it now

nathanielmark

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2004, 10:35:08 AM »

Aa

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2004, 11:08:25 AM »

dude  ;D well if you guys are into adderall and cocaine ull pobly like x

anyways i dont get it if you score good on a test using a drug wich is suppose to help you do better in school then why do people think its wrong if you score a 130 then take the pill and score a 170 then arent you using it for what its for a learning disability. if you cant stay up focus and study without it then thats a disability. besides anyone can get a prescription wether u have adhd or not all u need is med insurance i got mine in less than a day after i decided i wanted it i wasnt even diognosed with adhd i saw a docter told him i wanted adderall and he acctually recommended a higher dosage and gave me xr instead of the normal stuff. i was out of there in 10 minutes i had to wait outside longer. didnt even have an apointment   :D
and taking it to study isnt abusing it thats part of what its for

arsmagna

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2004, 10:17:48 PM »
Adderall xr is the best you can stay up 2 or 3 days straight with 2 or 3 25mg pills but when i take that much i cant concentrate at all and [...]

In general, the dosage of Adderall is about 1/2 that of methylphenidate (Ritalin) containing products, so 20mg of Ritalin would be about equivalent to 10mg of Adderall. I would suggest, though, that you never take more than 2 pills of Adderall per day (or 4 pills of Ritalin per day.)

Adderall XR (extended release), on the other hand, is available in sizes of 5mg, 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 25mg and 30mg. In general, people taking 10mg of Adderall twice a day should take one Adderall XR 20mg in the morning. That's it! Don't abuse it! If you take doses as high as 100 mg a day (which would be the equivalent of 200 mg Ritalin, that is 20 tablets of 10 mg Ritalin per day) you're in your way to addiction!

anyways i dont get it if you score good on a test using a drug wich is suppose to help you do better in school then why do people think its wrong if you score a 130 then take the pill and score a 170 then arent you using it for what its for a learning disability. if you cant stay up focus and study without it then thats a disability.

Pretty much!

[...] after i decided i wanted it i wasnt even diognosed with adhd i saw a docter told him i wanted adderall and he acctually recommended a higher dosage and gave me xr instead of the normal stuff. I was out of there in 10 minutes i had to wait outside longer. didnt even have an apointment

Now, that's WRONG! Doctors can actually go to jail for prescribing Schedule II substances when their "patients" conspire with them to get prescribed these meds! As a rule of thumb, first you need to get diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and then be prescribed Ritalin/Adderall. Many people will fake the "symptoms" and fool the doctor into prescribing these meds; however, if your doctor figures you've been lying, you won't be prescribed anymore the meds and will need to shop for another doctor. Doctor shopping, on the other hand, has been determined to be a sure fire way to addiction, and you can get easily addicted to Adderall. So it's your choice, folks! 

sassysombrero

• 3.99, 161
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2004, 07:49:12 PM »
People take adderall and ritalin as some kind of joke. I've had peers snorting nine pills and tweaking but thinking nothing of it.

For instance, the molecular structure of ritalin is distant but similiar to cocaine, and even a little closely related to methamphetamine. When taken orally ritalin is effective. But only boosts concentration energy, and thinking (unless taken at a high dose). But when adderall/ritalin is snorted, the effects are very similiar to cocaine, as a matter of fact it has been shown that drug dealers running low on coke, have mixed a little baking soda with crushed ritalin to make a powder that is almost indetectable as a fake.

Now if you want to be specific about the effects of this, the closest way to make this almost IDENTICAL to coke is by doing this: ten pills of adderall/ritalin, and five no-doz pills, crush them up, mix them with a teaspoon of baking soda (make sure this whole mixture is fine powder for looks) and WAL-LA! This even sort of tastes like coke, makes you just as high and hyper, and it works. So get your head out of your ass and realize that the METH in methylphenidate (ritalin) does stand for something! And is a super-powerful drug!

nathanielmark

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2004, 07:51:07 PM »
or even better, put it in a wax base and fashion a suppository.

People take adderall and ritalin as some kind of joke. I've had peers snorting nine pills and tweaking but thinking nothing of it.

For instance, the molecular structure of ritalin is distant but similiar to cocaine, and even a little closely related to methamphetamine. When taken orally ritalin is effective. But only boosts concentration energy, and thinking (unless taken at a high dose). But when adderall/ritalin is snorted, the effects are very similiar to cocaine, as a matter of fact it has been shown that drug dealers running low on coke, have mixed a little baking soda with crushed ritalin to make a powder that is almost indetectable as a fake.

Now if you want to be specific about the effects of this, the closest way to make this almost IDENTICAL to coke is by doing this: ten pills of adderall/ritalin, and five no-doz pills, crush them up, mix them with a teaspoon of baking soda (make sure this whole mixture is fine powder for looks) and WAL-LA! This even sort of tastes like coke, makes you just as high and hyper, and it works. So get your head out of your ass and realize that the METH in methylphenidate (ritalin) does stand for something! And is a super-powerful drug!

Narcissio

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2004, 08:13:18 PM »
or even better, put it in a wax base and fashion a suppository.

That's definitely the way to go if you want to numb your bottom to take at least two dicks at a time.

spaced58

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2004, 09:02:52 PM »
Ah, Adderall!!! You don't know clarity of mind and emotional stability until you've had your first dose of Adderall! It's the most amazing thing! It's like every light in the stadium has come on. And it also includes tuning into a radio and paying attention to it.

However, Adderall will make you think! Little is good but more MUST be better. Nothing could be further from the truth! Yes, you will get a ton of stuff done. You will read and read and read! BUT, you ability to interact socially is essentially gone. GONE!!! Sentances or thoughts that flew out of your mouth before are now like trying to put a sentance together with two hands and a flashlight! Also there is an emotional downside if taken too many days in a row. It, like all stimulants, builds up a tolerance in the body.

Adderall can be your best friend and your worst enemy. If you do not take breaks from Adderall, you'll build tolerance. But you may also give Dexedrine a try and see how it works!