Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Odds  (Read 1932 times)

ACheekyKiki

• View Profile
Odds
« on: November 11, 2004, 02:25:39 PM »
My roommate and I are both applying to law school for fall 2005.  She was recently accepted at a T14 school.  Her LSAT is mid 160s and her GPA is near perfect.  My question is this: Did the fact that her father recently passed away hold any sway with the admissions committee?  Also, as a result of her father's passing she was forced to work full-time her senior year of college.  I would be interested to hear your comments.  Thank you.

Saint Willy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Odds
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 04:23:34 PM »
My roommate and I are both applying to law school for fall 2005.  She was recently accepted at a T14 school.  Her LSAT is mid 160s and her GPA is near perfect.  My question is this: Did the fact that her father recently passed away hold any sway with the admissions committee?  Also, as a result of her father's passing she was forced to work full-time her senior year of college.  I would be interested to hear your comments.  Thank you.

I seriously doubt that had anything to do with it. I am sure it was her GPA, if it was indeed near perfect.

naomi288

• Sr. Citizen
  • soon to be St John's 1L
    • View Profile
Re: Odds
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 04:38:32 PM »
you should post this under the main where should i go next fall board, i think we're trying to keep this acceptances only so that everything is easy to find
3.67 159/164
and.......the admissions process is over! yay!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=naomi288