Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola Law  (Read 1308 times)

argamd

• View Profile
    • Email
Loyola Law
« on: April 08, 2004, 02:46:03 PM »
I called Loyola yesterday and after talking to the lady on the phone for while and being put on hold to check my file a few times, she finally gave me a projected date for a decision.  She said it would take another 3 to 4 weeks and that my application was still in review.  I'm wondering if this is a good or bad thing.  Also, I really want to go to Loyola, do any of you have any suggestions on how I can increase my chances.  (3.7 UC Berkeley, 157).

Thanks

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Loyola Law
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 03:03:15 PM »
I think it's kind of like being waitlisted without being waitlisted.  They are waiting to see how many deposits they'll receive before admitting you.  If their yield is high, then you're probably going to get officially waitlisted.

The same thing has happened with me at GW.  They emailed me today saying I would receive a decision by the first week of May.

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 03:29:25 PM »
I was an auto-admit for Loyola. 3.53 from UC Irvine, 161 LSAT.  I was kind of surprised to get a decision so quickly, seeing as Loyola's numbers have been skyrocketing in recent years. I am crossing my fingers for an acceptance into the first tier (UCLA, USC, UC Hastings, UC Davis, Fordham, Boston College and U), but after 6 rejections in a row (Boalt, U of Washington, GW, GTown, Texas, NYU) I am losing hope.  I would suggest sending a letter to the admissions office, reaffirming your interest in the school and letting them know that it is your first choice.  It couldn't hurt, right?

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 03:51:28 PM »
would you consider going part time if you didn't get in, you would have to take classes through the summer but you could transfer to full time for 2nd year.

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 03:54:03 PM »
ARGAMD:  When were you complete at Loyola?

thechoson

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 03:57:09 PM »
would you consider going part time if you didn't get in, you would have to take classes through the summer but you could transfer to full time for 2nd year.
You can do this at Loyola?  Cause when I asked, they said it would be totally up to the Dean's discretion.  Just making sure

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 03:57:40 PM »
Also, Loyola is not taking first deposits until June.  You had to fill out a form and send it in by April 1, but you don't have to pay until JUne

argamd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 04:05:56 PM »
I sent in my application in the middle of december.  But, the online status says that I was officially complete with my LSAC file late january.

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 04:08:42 PM »
choson: maybe you cant transfer from part to full time, i just assumed you probably could.  If he/she really wants to get to Loyola though part-time is an option if not accepted full time

shortee19

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 07:57:54 PM »
i got a 3.65 and LSAT was 157, but was rejected at Loyola.

Did anyone get scholarships from loyola?