Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone done any campus visits?  (Read 8956 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone done any campus visits?
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2005, 10:55:23 AM »
Agreed, it gets a lot "swankier" than White Plains in that area. I went to undergrad in Bronxville--talk about swanky. And don't let the West Chester Mall scare you; it's quite fancy, but the Galleria Mall is practically across the street and it is more for us starving students.

All in all, it's a great area. I'd be thrilled to go back for Pace!!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

twarga

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2005, 07:51:44 AM »
I'm heading to Philly today, mainly for a good cheesesteak at Pat's (wiz wit), but I'm going to Penn, Temple, and maybe swing by Widener.  I'll post later with all my findings.   ;)

forkids

• Maddie baddie, boo-boo!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - January26
    • View Profile
    • Check out the numbers!
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2005, 01:33:08 PM »
Went to Loyola-Chicago on Friday and LOVED it.  Great location, right in downtown.  Students who were milling around were approachable, helpful, great vibe. Even the admin department seemed accessible.

Only drawbacks-classrooms were dreary.  But it seems that they may be moving buildings next year to next door where there are lots more windows....a very good move.

Strong empasis on public service (Jesuit) and it makes the campus feel very welcoming.
Badger Law '08! :)

TheMick

• stop callin' me radio
    • View Profile
    • LSN: TheMick
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2005, 02:23:43 PM »
Has anyone visited UPA or Univ FL?  If so, please give your impression.

Thanks.

I go to UF for UG, but have been been in and around the LS quite a bit (however much that counts...).  The new renovations were a much-needed upgrade, the larger classrooms now look very modern and are comfortable.  The courtyard area is completely enclosed, but nice.  The library was also expanded and is pretty roomy now.  Gainesville, FL is a college town, and nothing else.  "Downtown" has little to offer.
GW Vandy it is.  Trash-vegas here I come
3.5/167

Thank god this terrible game is over.

Groovyju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2005, 07:47:38 PM »
I went to Chicago-Kent for a minority student forum.  It was a nice urban location, right in the middle of the loop.  It's basically one really nice building which has really nice facilities.  (If there were other buildings, our tour guide din't mention them)  It lacks a campus life I think.  I've been in Chicago too long though, so I'm kinda jaded.

Can anyone tell me if Hastings and Brooklyn similar to my description of Kent or not?

SleepyGuyYawn

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2005, 10:59:26 AM »
Yea, I visited a friend who goes to Brooklyn.  It's a large, and quite modern, office-type building in Brooklyn Heights.  Brooklyn Heights is a fantastic part of NYC, one of my favorites.  Although it's expensive, I think I'd rather live in Brooklyn Heights, or nearby Cobble Hill, than just about anywhere in Manhattan.  It has a different feel than most of Manhattan.  You should visit if you get a chance. 

Haz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2005, 01:38:21 PM »
I'll be attending Kent's open house this Saturday, and unfortunately DePaul's open house is at the same time.

I too am a little ho-hum about staying in chicago... think I'll be taking a 'tour de great lakes' to help me on this one.
Hello Wisconsin!

HankieB

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2005, 01:54:33 PM »
I'm going to DePaul's open house this Saturday...anyone else planning to attend???

liberty shark

• Sr. Citizen
  • awesome.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - libertyshark
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2005, 10:40:46 PM »
I went to Chicago-Kent for a minority student forum.  It was a nice urban location, right in the middle of the loop.  It's basically one really nice building which has really nice facilities.  (If there were other buildings, our tour guide din't mention them)  It lacks a campus life I think.  I've been in Chicago too long though, so I'm kinda jaded.

Can anyone tell me if Hastings and Brooklyn similar to my description of Kent or not?

hastings is right smack in the heart of san francisco, just down the street from city hall and superior court; the area itself is really nice, however, there's a pretty big congregation of homeless individuals who saunter around the area at any given hour.  the buildings are pretty nice, very courtlike, columns and such; from what i understand the facilities are pretty nice.

from what i hear, brooklyn is right in the middle of the village, so the immediate area is pretty nice, but if you stray a few blocks away you might be looking for trouble.  i applied to a bunch of the norcal schools, so if you've got questions just shoot.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=libertyshark

They deal with morals as with mathematics;
and they think what is right may be
distinguished from what is wrong with the
precision of an algebraic equation.

-Daniel Webster

TraciRai

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2005, 10:55:54 PM »
I went to look at Loyola (in Los Angeles) on Friday.  I was kind of dissapointed because it was so tiny.  It was a cute campus, but the area around it was pretty shabby.  I was expecting that.  But I wasn't expecting that the block it's on would be so small... it felt kind of claustrophobic actually.  That's definitely made me rethink applying there next year.