Law School Discussion

quick question on listing research on resume

quick question on listing research on resume
« on: November 10, 2004, 09:00:54 PM »
When I list my research on my reseume do I name the person I worked under?  Should I name all the techniques and equipment I used?  I'm not sure how to state this information. 

Directed Research under Professor Lincoln Potter. Participated with team of graduate and undergraduate students in research interested in signal transduction, natriuretic peptides, guanylyl cyclase receptors and cGMP.  Designed and performed experiments to study the effects of reduced NaCl on the regulation of the natriuretic peptide signaling pathway.  This research may be used for treatment of diseases such as hypertension, atherosclerosis and dwarfism. 

Performed forty-step hormone binding assays.  Graphed and interpreted results.  Prepared buffers, grew cell cultures and handled radioactivity.   

AaronJ

Re: quick question on listing research on resume
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 09:02:23 PM »
Performed forty-step hormone binding assays.  Graphed and interpreted results.  Prepared buffers, grew cell cultures and handled radioactivity.   

Go wash your hand immediatly, then come back and ask questions.

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 09:18:36 PM »
lol, the lab I worked in was not very careful with it's radioactivity use.  At our first lab location the prof would walk around barefoot.  By July of that year he was banned from doing any experiments with radioactivity because he was at his exposure limit for the year.  I lost a couple of my favorite sweatshirts to radioactivity.  :'(

AaronJ

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 09:21:32 PM »
I think you should focus on how you have helped save dwarfs.  Curing dwarfism is so important to the national health.

I am going to stop posting now because I am incapable of actually helping you on this subject.