Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Joining the FBI/CIA  (Read 3359 times)

lawstudent2004

• Sr. Citizen
  • 160 LSAT and 3.48 GPA
    • View Profile
Re: Joining the FBI/CIA
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2004, 06:49:45 PM »
"typical answer of the typical American. i bet you support the war in Iraq because we are "freeing the iraqi people" and " killing the terrorists" right?"

I am a supporter of the war in Iraq, but not because we are "freeing the iragi people".  Iraq was a threat to the United States and other nations.  They have demonstrated in the past that they can and will attack other nations when they feel they have an opportunity.  If we let them further develope a nuclear arsenal then we would be in even more trouble.  I am proud that we have a President and government that will protect our citizens at all costs.

Lipper316

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2004, 07:19:07 PM »
Yeah, such a threat. They invaded Kuwait, so damn, they must be a threat to us. Why do u consider them a threat? Because the government says they are? Contrary to what you may believe to be true, Iraq was no more of a threat to us than Korea. And why the hell dont we go and bomb the hell out of Korea? Hell, they said they have weapons and WILL kill us! Our present situation in Iraq was to stop terrorism, and now all of a sudden it is to "free the Iraqi people". Make up your F'N mind! The current decision to invade Iraq, I feel follows this same logical sequence. I lost my flashlight in the garage, but I will look for it in the kitchen because there is better light. Nuff said. I know this post was rather unorganized, but i had to get this out. anywho, lol.

jgomez

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2004, 03:59:40 PM »
well, i recently applied for several FBI jobs at https://www.fbijobs.com/, but most I didn't hear from them, and the ones that I did, they said I didn't qualify.

salaries on the website range from 20K for some support roles, up to 6 figures, but it seems like thier experience criteria is very tough.  if you are missing like one thing, you pretty much don't qualify.   I think i remember the FBI special agent starts at around 40K. 

hope that helps.