Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Catholic vs American  (Read 708 times)

veritas

• View Profile
    • Email
Catholic vs American
« on: April 08, 2004, 12:14:22 AM »
I've been accepted to Catholic with half tuition scholarship.  I visited and dug it, though the neighborhood was bad.  I've even already paid my first deposit.

All this was before I had heard from American yet.  I found out today I've been accepted, though I'm not sure about finaid.  I doubt I'll get money since I wasn't expecting more than a WL at American in the first place. 

Do you think American is worth the all that extra money?  I'd really like to go into international law, so I'm inclined to go to American -- but is it worth the about 50k more in tuition?

rextuxberry

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Catholic vs American
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 12:17:56 AM »
If you can afford it then I would say that it is definately worth it.  Depends on your financial situation, but if its possible to attend American then in my opinion you should go, it is worth it.

HighPSI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 02:14:24 AM »
Both are Tier 2, American higher by over 20 slots.  For international law, American seems to be much higher ranked as well.  If you said you were interested in religion OR communications & media law then I'd say CUA.  Do atty. searches at some of the major firms (Skadden, etc.) and you'll see that just about the only program at CUA that will get you a position there is the CLI specialty.

Prince Rondavel

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 09:06:06 AM »
The problem with Catholic's media program is that they only allow a certain number of students to enter it each year.  You should APPLY NOW for it if you want to do it.  I applied to Catholic after looking at the FCC's website and noticing the large numbers of their staff had gone to CU.

My biggest problem with Catholic was how conservative it seemed.  I mean sure, it's a Catholic school so it's really no surprise, but it really wasn't a place I thought would be a good place for me. 

PR

bongobabe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 02:59:07 AM »
I had the same question about American.. I too am interested in International Law and was wondering whether or not the tuition is worth it.  I'm leaning towards going there, but I have a few more days until the deposit is due.  ???