Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dec. Apps.  (Read 1235 times)

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
Dec. Apps.
« on: November 10, 2004, 04:01:36 AM »
I am taking the LSAT in Dec. and I was wondering if I submit my apps now will the Adcomms look at my apps? Or will they wait until my LSAT score is released before they even begin to review my app? I do not want to send my apps too late but I also cannot afford the app fees right now. I will be getting some money on Dec. 15th so if I send all of the apps electronically through LSDAS will it be too late? Basically, do apps online take a long time to process like it does when you send in you transcripts of LOR's?

Thanks
shine on

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
Re: Dec. Apps.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 08:49:59 AM »
I am taking the LSAT in Dec. and I was wondering if I submit my apps now will the Adcomms look at my apps? Or will they wait until my LSAT score is released before they even begin to review my app? I do not want to send my apps too late but I also cannot afford the app fees right now. I will be getting some money on Dec. 15th so if I send all of the apps electronically through LSDAS will it be too late? Basically, do apps online take a long time to process like it does when you send in you transcripts of LOR's?

Thanks

Your applications will not be reviewed until your scores are released, so there is probably not an advantage to submitting your applications right now.

When are the December scores due to be released? I would make certain that your applications and letters of recommendation (and dean certs if required) are submitted at least a week or so ahead of this date so that when your score becomes available, your files will be completed in the shortest possible amount of time.

As a December test-taker, you're simply not going to be able to beat the large post-Thanksgiving influx of applications. However, if you position yourself well by having your applications submitted before your score is released, you will most likely beat a significant portion of the other December LSAT takers in getting your files completed and reviewed.

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 10:10:16 AM »
Go ahead and submit your transcripts and LORs to LSAC though, because right now it's taking about a month to process them.  You want them to be processed ahead of when you send your apps in, so that the LSAC reports can go out as soon as schools request them.
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 10:35:25 AM »
Go ahead and submit your transcripts and LORs to LSAC though, because right now it's taking about a month to process them.  You want them to be processed ahead of when you send your apps in, so that the LSAC reports can go out as soon as schools request them.

Definitely - make sure your whole file is ready to go, with nothing missing but the score. (Sorry I wasn't clear on that.) Provided that the LORs are in before T-giving, they should be posted in plenty of time, even with the delays in LOR processing.

ucsblaw8

• Jammin' in SB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 03:25:06 PM »
thanks for all the help everyone
shine on

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 06:16:48 PM »

so would you just leave the application spot blank that asks for LSAT score?

Thanks

Your applications will not be reviewed until your scores are released, so there is probably not an advantage to submitting your applications right now.

When are the December scores due to be released? I would make certain that your applications and letters of recommendation (and dean certs if required) are submitted at least a week or so ahead of this date so that when your score becomes available, your files will be completed in the shortest possible amount of time.

As a December test-taker, you're simply not going to be able to beat the large post-Thanksgiving influx of applications. However, if you position yourself well by having your applications submitted before your score is released, you will most likely beat a significant portion of the other December LSAT takers in getting your files completed and reviewed.

DOWNY COOLEY

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 02:00:43 AM »
EVERYONE SHOULD JUST THANK ME, I AM THE ALMIGHT DOWNY! I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT LAW SCHOOL AND EVERYONE ELSE IS STUPID. ARE YOU DOWNY? NO! YOU ARE NOT! THEREFORE YOU MUST BE STUPID BECAUSE ONLY DOWNY IS SMART. OK I HAVE TO GO NOW DOWNY IS HUNGRY.

mfitz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.72/158
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MEFter0913
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 10:56:38 AM »
Yes.  In fact, most applications have a "date you intend to take" blank in addition to the "date you took and score blank."

If not, just write "not yet taken" or "pending".
Accepts: Akron, Washburn, Hamline, Valpo, Mercer, Baylor (Sum), Arkansas, Ohio Northern, Tennessee,  Ave Maria, U of St. Thomas, St. Louis, S Carolina, Hofstra, U Florida.
Rejects: George Mason, UGA (blah).

I'm going to Tennessee!!!!!!

twelvehundred

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 05:05:06 PM »
I went to the USC open house and the dean talked about this.  He said to definitely get your apps in even if the LSAT score is not available.  He indicated that applicants look less like procrastinators if the application is in by Thanksgiving, even if the LSAT is taken in Dec.

jeffgdula

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jeffgdula@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jeffgdula
    • View Profile
    • JeffGdula.com
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 09:05:59 PM »
thanks very much