Law School Discussion

What is your favorite thing about the area/region in which you live?

SleepyGuyYawn

Re: What is your favorite thing about the area/region in which you live?
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2005, 08:25:40 PM »
Ann Arbor, MI: The fact that I took a jog today and had to dress in five layers of poly pro, a scarf, a hat, and gloves...

No wait, that's not my favorite.

I'll get back to you.

psr13

• Isn't my niece adorable?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2005, 08:27:26 PM »

Also, in regards to OC, I find it to be a disturbing place, especially Irvine which reminds me of that computer game, Sim City.  When I drive through it, it's like driving through a type of Pleasantville where city planners have decided every detail down to the days that people are allowed to mow their lawns, whether garage doors are allowed to be left open past 6pm, streets are named after Ivy League colleges (how depressing is it to live in a city where every street is Yale, Harvard, Dartmouth, etc?)

I suppose it's cuz I'm used to the clutter of L.A. but LA seems more like an actual CITY to me.

You are only talking about south county. Here in north county the cities look nothing like Sim City. We look like poor cities from the 40's and 50's. None of the stuff you mentioned is even remotely related to the part of the county I am from and love.

The bad thing about where I live is the housing cost. You have to pay a lot of money to live in the middle of the ghetto. Also, you have to be careful about where you go out at night. You may start in an OK area, but one street away might be death or rape.

I would love to live anywhere but where either of my sisters live. I guess I haven't succedded so far because I go to the same college as one of them. I plan to quickly change that though.

Foot Fetish

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2005, 08:34:07 PM »
:) Glad to hear all the great things about London.  I've never been to London, but am planning on visiting my best friend there in March, so it's nice to have those specifics to look forward to (besides seeing him, that is).   :)

If you are visiting London, then you must visit Paris.  Take the EuroStar (the chunnel).  It takes just a couple hours to go from Victoria Station to Gare Du Nord.

Paris is the most beautiful city I've ever, ever seen.