Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UMiami  (Read 1735 times)

Lulu

UMiami
« on: November 09, 2004, 06:41:15 PM »
I got the letter before we had the board. I applied in September, and got my acceptance 3 weeks ago.

sheaday

• View Profile
Re: UMiami
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 07:53:12 PM »
woo hoo! congrats!  :D

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 09:34:43 PM »
Wow - that was fast.  Congrats!  I did my undergrad at UM.  I'm not applying there for law school, but I loved everything about that place.  Had a few friends in law school there - great entertainment law program.  Again, belated CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

TLFKARG

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 01:34:13 AM »
I got accepted there last year, about three weeks after I applied.  I was very surprised by how fast their process seemed to work in comparison to other schools.  Just wait till they send you the over-sized t-shirt.  Mine was big enough for me and 25 of my closest friends. ;D

desi

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 01:50:51 AM »
I got accepted there last year, about three weeks after I applied.  I was very surprised by how fast their process seemed to work in comparison to other schools.  Just wait till they send you the over-sized t-shirt.  Mine was big enough for me and 25 of my closest friends. ;D

i'm glad to see that neither of us could kick our addictions

Seminolegrl305

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 12:10:02 PM »
I am applying to UMiami, in fact that is my number 1 choice. I wanted to know what did you write on your personal statement? and what were you numbers? (LSAT, GPA)

Lulu

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 07:24:52 PM »
Hey Seminole,
My GPA is 3.64, my LSAT was a 165. I can't really figure out what I wrote my personal statement about- at least not concisely enough to post :)

Seminolegrl305

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 09:43:36 AM »
Congrats! Lulu! Well do you have a copy that I could see or would you be willing to read my PS?

help101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 07:37:16 PM »
congrats! :)

phishie

• GPA: 3.26, LSAT: 158 (Info is on LSN)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 09:47:31 AM »
I was accepted at Miami last week (12/2 or 12/3), which I was totally not expecting so early in the process.  It was my first decision letter and it was really nice to get accepted somewhere first before all of the rejections start rolling in.  At least now I have somewhere to go next fall!  Does anyone know anything about Miami that I should know?
Schools pending: Emory, Wake Forest

Schools accepted so far:  Miami, GSU

School(s) deferred:  UVA