Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what to do with a waitlist  (Read 1922 times)

stillwaiting

• View Profile
what to do with a waitlist
« on: April 07, 2004, 07:50:48 PM »
Is there anything additional I should send to a school I m waitlisted at but would like to attend.... an extra recommendation letter or anything? I ve been told it wont help and Ive been told it shows interest... thoughts?

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: what to do with a waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 07:56:52 PM »
Contact the individual school by phone and ask them what is appropriate.  They will probably encourage you to send in something extra and to keep in contact.  Good luck.

martinibar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 05:04:02 PM »
Not sure if this will help, but one of my best friends got off the NYU waitlist and was admitted yesterday. He figured he was a long shot and decided to send in another LOR. Not a usual recommendation but it was from some hot shot World Court guy. He's spent the last 3 years in Europe working for the World Court, EU, and UN stuff like that. Just something to consider.

stillwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 10:28:58 PM »
hmm in wonder if i know anyone fun like that....  :-\

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 09:16:06 AM »
Seems like he/she should have sent in that rec in the first place!

Stillwaiting - even if the rec isnt from GW Bush himself, send somthing in with a detailed letter re-explaing why you are perfect for that school. Depending on the school theres sometimes a chance you can work your way in.

stillwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 12:48:08 AM »
thanks for the advice :) i am going to send in another rec & a letter describing my interest in the school...hopefully without sounding desperate/cheesey :-[ ..Argh i am so frustrated

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 06:22:55 PM »
I went all out when I got waitlisted at Wake...I visited the school from Santa Barbara California which shows how much I want to attend the school because I came across the country to check it out. I also sent an updated transcript, two more letters of rec, and a letter of continued interest. The D of A at the school sent me two personal emails regarding my application status and told me that they will have more information for me beginning April 22nd. I'm definately trying to weasel my way into the school. I think it is good she emailed me and not others on the waitlist. I'm hoping I'm on their radar screen.