Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Recommender sent me a copy  (Read 300 times)

kd

• View Profile
    • Email
Recommender sent me a copy
« on: November 09, 2004, 04:57:27 PM »
Help!  One of my recommenders sent me a copy of the recommedation and he wrote at the bottom of the rec that he sent me the copy!  I signed the LSAC sheet that waived my right to see it, but he did it anyways, do you guys think it hurts me?
3.8/165

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Recommender sent me a copy
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 06:08:50 PM »
what did he write at the bottom?  What compelled him to notify the schools he had done this?  weird.  i wonder if the law schools get a copy of the recommender form - do the adcoms know whether you & the recommender have waived your rights?  if they do, i don't think it matters at all...if not, i'm not sure
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 06:16:23 PM »
It doesn't matter at all.

By waiving your right you are just saying that after you are admitted to a law school, you agree not to have access to the LOR in your file.

If your recommender lets you see it, it probably means the recommender thinks he's given you a good recommendation and you might like to see it.  He has every right to give you a copy if he wants to do so.

Both my recommenders gave me copies.  I didn't ask but I think they wanted me to know I had no reason to be concerned about a lukewarm letter.

Honestly, everything is fine.  I bet you even got a glowing recommendation.  Am I right?
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

gidro

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 11:40:21 PM »
relax, dude.  you're golden