Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone heard from Yale yet?  (Read 2019 times)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
Has anyone heard from Yale yet?
« on: April 07, 2004, 07:28:16 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone's heard from Yale yet.  I've talked to two people who've been rejected, but that's it.  I've been posting this at a few forums, so I'm sorry if anyone's seen this before, but I'm really curious about my chances of admission, since I have a scholarship deadline at April 25.  If people with numbers similiar to mine are getting in, then I'd let the scholarship slide, so this information is important to me.  And I'm sure there are plenty of other people here wondering the same thing (they got 8000 apps this year!).  Thanks in advance for your input.
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone heard from Yale yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 07:29:26 PM »
What are the other forums?  I have done quick internet searches, and unless I am using the wrong keywords, I am coming up with no decent results.  Please inform.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 08:16:24 PM »
usnews has a board, the vault has one, and princeton review puts one out too.  I've found that usnews has the highest scoring userbase, but there aren't many posts there, and pr's board is so poorly contructed it's painful to use.  This forum definilty wins out in usability, since it's built on invision power board. 
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

argamd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 09:18:12 PM »
try www.lawschoolnumbers.com it'll help you out if you want to know about other people's status

gohan00001

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 10:04:11 PM »
Hmmmm... I believe only relatives of members of  "Skulls and Bones" have the privilege of receiving notifications concerning their application. However, the fact that you have not received any responses from Yale is not a bad hting. That means its admissions committee still considers you a serious candidate. Still, you have enough justification to call them and ask for the status to you file.
   As for the scholarship deadline, are you referring to a scholarship deadline for Yale? If it is for another school, unless stated in the acceptance form, you should be able to accept the scholarship and accept the seat at the respective school, and then just cancel your seat once accepted at Yale.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 10:46:46 PM »
Actually, I've already been told by Yale that the earliest I'll see a response will be the week of the 19th, but they will try and respond by my deadline.  The deadline is actually for the Jack Kent Cooke Fellowship, which I have been nominated to apply for by my undergrad school.  It requires 12 essays, and even though I've already written them, I'd hate to put a lot of work into tweaking them, then have to miss the application deadline becuase I haven't heard from Yale.  I want to go into academia, so Yale is almost a neccesity for success, and I'm nervous about my chances, especially since with the new admissions data, my lsat doesn't beat their 75th%tile anymore!  I'd be alright with being rejected, but waiting is hard. . .  *waits to be flamed for not being ultra confident inspite of scores*

toiysam

• MSN Messenger - toiysam@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • 2LawSchool
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 09:34:02 AM »
what do you mean you are not in the 75%, for god's sake you have a 3.99 and lsat 175. if you don't get in there, then who will?? God!!! what is your undergrad school? do you have any other interesting stuff rather than your numbers? I mean, diversity, languages, some interesting happenings in your life?? cheer up , you are defenetly getting admitted... by the way, did you apply to Harvard, althought you want to enter academia, Harvard still graduates great 'thinkers'

cheer up , and keep us informed

visit http://2lawschool.blog-city.com

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 09:37:33 AM »
yeah Zpops buck up ok!! I mean cmon, get some confidence here!!!!! Youll do great, R_E_L_A_X! I mean are you hiding some kinda felony here or somthing - if not come on if they dont take you then its their loss and you just HAVE to settle for Harvard!

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 03:35:03 PM »
Gees...I'm glad I don't have to settle for Harvard...and give up my U of Oregon acceptance?  Not in a million years!!!  ;)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 04:31:46 PM »
I know it's not a really big deal if i even get into yale, since I'll go to NYU otherwise, maybe harvard.  But based on numbers, I have about a 50-60% chance at getting into yale, and I have no ec's, which doesn't help.  Of course I realize how lucky I am to be in a position where I have this kind of chance, and I'll be just as happy if I don't get in, but my dad isn't a senator, so yale is by no means a sure thing.