Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thinking About Waiting Until Next Year  (Read 2473 times)

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thinking About Waiting Until Next Year
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 09:28:36 AM »
Toiysam: I think its easy to do poorly on the LSAT, its a strange test that you need to prepare for - no one major or job would really prepare you to take it.

Dont give up hope onlylove, wait and see what happens and then make your decision. Stressing about it now wont change a thing. I would suggest if you dont get into what youre waiting on to wait and really nail the LSAT, then youll be a good app at many schools. GOOD LUCK

onlylove916

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 10:58:13 AM »
Yeah, I am going to see what happens.  As for doing "poorly" on the test, believe it or not, some people just don't perform well on standardized tests like the LSAT.  There is no connection between my profession and the LSAT. I am not sure where that came from.  I was looking for some advice and input, not to be judged or critized for my LSAT score.  Maybe I came to the wrong place.  I wasn't aware everyone here was going to Havard and Yale. lol I am more than aware that my LSAT score is low, however I am also aware of people with similar numbers have been accepted.  I have a friend that just got into a tier two school with a 147.  And once school starts it's going to be up to here to determine her fate.  If things don't work out this year, then yes I will have to wait until next year.  Hopefully performing better on the LSAT with the assistance of a prep-course!  Thanks to those who have been honest, yet respectful.     

drewpac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 12:07:33 PM »
I am also thinking about waiting, retaking the LSAT and reapplying next year.  I applied very late (2/10) and I think it has definitely effected my results.  I've gotten into a couple "tier 1" schools, but I know that an LSAT in the 170's could sneak me into a top 20 school.

mira_j

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 01:31:42 PM »
Hi,
I was thinking about taking a year off too. My LSAT is 143, my GPA is 3.75. So far, no luck with my applications. I think I might get in Thomas Jefferson, but I don't really want to do go there. The 4th Tier status does not bother me that much, I just don't like the school for some reason. I am pretty sure that if I take the LSAT again in October, I can do better. My GPA is pretty good (I think), so I will have a better chance next year. It is important which school you get in, and until you tried your best (for me, I don't think 143 is my best), don't give up. I really believe that I should be happy with the law school I will go to, otherwise....what's the point?

Good luck!

Mira

jgruber

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 01:49:25 PM »
I think you're right about your GPA.  If you had an LSAT in the 160's you'd have your pick of a lot of schools.

Hi,
I was thinking about taking a year off too. My LSAT is 143, my GPA is 3.75. So far, no luck with my applications. I think I might get in Thomas Jefferson, but I don't really want to do go there. The 4th Tier status does not bother me that much, I just don't like the school for some reason. I am pretty sure that if I take the LSAT again in October, I can do better. My GPA is pretty good (I think), so I will have a better chance next year. It is important which school you get in, and until you tried your best (for me, I don't think 143 is my best), don't give up. I really believe that I should be happy with the law school I will go to, otherwise....what's the point?

Good luck!

Mira

JohnBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2004, 10:49:20 PM »
whats with the large diffrences between GPA and LSDAS GPA???

I knoe that LSAC recalulates the GPA but the difference between 3.49 and 2.85 is huge!!!!

Can anyone explain how the LSDAS GP gets calculated??