Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: chicago-kent mail  (Read 552 times)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
chicago-kent mail
« on: November 09, 2004, 01:09:50 AM »
anyone else get their catalog today?  that was a really nice package they put together.  this amused me: on page 28 of the catalog, there's a map of west loop, and in addition to marking union station, chicago-kent college of law, sears tower, they mark STARBUCKS.  cracked me up.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

NYKnicks

Re: chicago-kent mail
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 01:10:43 AM »
 ;)

edit: wtf...it deleted my text...anyway, I said soemthing along the lines of I did not notice those cool things and I will go look for them right now!

debstar

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 01:21:16 AM »
starbucks is the devil!  :o

buster

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 07:56:08 AM »
anyone else get their catalog today?  that was a really nice package they put together.  this amused me: on page 28 of the catalog, there's a map of west loop, and in addition to marking union station, chicago-kent college of law, sears tower, they mark STARBUCKS.  cracked me up.

very nice mailing, but not as nice as USC's, Pookie  ;)

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 07:58:21 AM »
how about the honors program with $100,000 scholarships?  That'd be pretty da&* sweet!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

chicago

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84 | 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 08:08:37 AM »
how about the honors program with $100,000 scholarships?  That'd be pretty da&* sweet!

can you explain the honors program / scholarship? I've never heard of it.

buster

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 08:38:05 AM »
Yeah, that was subtle, eh?  :D

Can I write back and just get the $100K up front?  ;)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 02:51:43 PM »

very nice mailing, but not as nice as USC's, Pookie  ;)

i've gotta go back and look at USC's again.  i flipped through trying to find the name of the law building, but that was about it.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 02:53:43 PM »
what i don't understand about their honors program: so you fill out the honors application for free, and you don't have to fill out the regular application until they tell you to.  so is that a fee waiver?  or do you have to pay for the regular application once you fill it out?

$100K is a very sweet scholarship though.  if i were a money grubbin' ho, i'd apply.  but i'm a prestige grubbin' ho.  ;)

buster

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 02:56:32 PM »
A ho by any other name... ;)

what i don't understand about their honors program: so you fill out the honors application for free, and you don't have to fill out the regular application until they tell you to.  so is that a fee waiver?  or do you have to pay for the regular application once you fill it out?

$100K is a very sweet scholarship though.  if i were a money grubbin' ho, i'd apply.  but i'm a prestige grubbin' ho.  ;)