Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice Please!  (Read 1836 times)

iluvcats1977

• LSAT Dec '04, 3.36 UGPA, 3.48 MBA Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iluvcats
    • View Profile
    • Email
Advice Please!
« on: April 07, 2004, 05:25:48 PM »
Hi everyone!
For once I did not get a rejection, but I'm waitlisted at Capital.  My question is, the letter did not state anything about asking us to submit additional LOR's, statements, etc...  Should I go ahead and do that, or would it be best for me to contact admissions to see what their policy is?  I'm trying to maximize my chances here if at all possible.
Also, if anyone else has been waitlisted at Capital and can offer any insight about your experience, that would be helpful too.
Thanks!

gohan00001

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Advice Please!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 01:37:14 PM »
Do it. Send them as much material as you can. Just look at the situation like this: by beign waitlisted, you are basically rejected by the school. True, there is a small chance that you may get accepted in there, but that is a very slim chance indeed. Thus, you really don't have anything to lose by sending them whatever you can. This is  a much better action to take then simply not do anything to improve your chances.
   Look at my case. Back in February, Penn sent me an e-mail stating that its admissions committee really liked my file, however, they wanted to review other applications before making a final decision. They did invite me to send them more documents: "for example, one letter of reccomandation, one additional essay, or one updated resume." Well, I paid close attention to the word "example," so I sent then 3 additional letters of recommendation by professors, two letters of recommendation by my supervisors at the organizations i volunteered with, and two additional writing samples of papers I had written while pursuing my BA. I think that is the reason for why I am still under consideration, instead of being waitlisted.
   Once again, you don't have anything to lose, so just do whatever you can to get out if this situation. If you have a good relationship with your professors, they will certainly try to help you and write a letter, even if you ask them to have that ready for let's say... four days.

iluvcats1977

• LSAT Dec '04, 3.36 UGPA, 3.48 MBA Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iluvcats
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Advice Please!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 10:09:29 PM »
Thanks for your advice gohan00001!  I got in contact with admissions and they said additional supplements usually are not helpful, but I'm not going to let this deter me.  I've asked 4 people to write LOR's, assuming they all agree, and I will send in 1-2 more statements along with an updated resume.  Time to hope for the best!!