Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what happened to lawschoolnumbers.com?  (Read 1276 times)

princess b

• View Profile
    • Email
what happened to lawschoolnumbers.com?
« on: April 07, 2004, 04:57:12 PM »
am i the only one who gets "account suspended" msg when trying to reach this site?? ???

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: what happened to lawschoolnumbers.com?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 05:00:13 PM »
no, it's an issue between the people who run the site and their hosting service.

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 05:24:56 PM »
Shortly before the "account suspended" message was posted, the site was reporting numerous SQL database errors when trying to access data.  My guess is that there is either a software problem or hardware problem. 

Hopefully they will be able to get it fixed within 25 hours.  I do not think the webhost has suspended the account due to any violations, misdoings, etc.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 07:33:31 PM »
Honestly, the site's usefulness is compromised by liars anyway.  I saw someone claiming to be a yale admit with a 3.0 gpa and 165 lsat. . .
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 07:54:14 PM »
Im pretty sure that Yale admits a few in that range of numbers.  you would have to check their grid.  unfortunately, the people with those kind of numbers generally will be admitted because of legacies, or political connections. 

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2004, 08:05:54 PM »
There are a few entries that seem far fetched, and I'll accept that they may be URMs or other special cases.  However, for the 9 schools I am watching, the numbers seem accurate based on historical data.  With that in mind, the site isn't any more useful as an indicator of your fortune with admissions as is the ABA guide (i.e. historical data).  Overall, lawschoolnumbers is usefull to me as a reinforcement that I made the right decisions on where to apply based on my numbers and the numbers that report 'accept.'

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2004, 11:15:44 PM »
After looking at the site some more, I'm both breathing easier, and more confident in their ratings.  I was really glad to see that very few rejects from Yale up to this point have had stellar LSATs and UGPAs, although there will plenty of them soon. . .
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.