Law School Discussion

Yale 250 Word Essay

DOWNY

Re: Yale 250 Word Essay
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2004, 06:17:12 PM »
That's great! Now I can say I know a professional contortionist -- if you don't mind, of course.

Sure... I'll even post a pic of one pose... in a futile attempt to appease Downy and Kelly

To appease me? WTF are you talking about?

NEWBIES GET YOUR *&^% TOGETHER. LEARN WTF TROLL ACCOUNTS ARE.

HTFH

WitterUin4

• How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2004, 11:36:45 PM »
That's great! Now I can say I know a professional contortionist -- if you don't mind, of course.

Sure... I'll even post a pic of one pose... in a futile attempt to appease Downy and Kelly

To appease me? WTF are you talking about?

NEWBIES GET YOUR sh*t TOGETHER. LEARN WTF TROLL ACCOUNTS ARE.

HTFH

DOWNY, why don't you add an "educating the newbies" post. Then you can educate us on all things LSD and all things DOWNY. I'm sure you could do great things with it.

DOWNY

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2004, 10:52:10 AM »
That's a very good idea.

These newbies-fuckers need to learn. Somehow these people fail to see that if some random feminine hygiene product makes a troll account with the word "downy" in it, that doesn't mean the account is mine.

NEWBIES GET YOUR sh*t TOGETHER!

DOWNY has always said what's on DOWNY's mind. I have no reason to make troll accounts to provide a veneer for my real screenname- I have always accepted the backlash that DOWNYness can provoke.

Further, the trolls are nearly always stupid and illiterate, which is not similar to my posts.

Also, the most recent DOWNY imitator, "DOWNY COOLEY," just cut and pasted my old posts all over the place. Why would I have an incentive to make a new moniker to post things I already posted on this name? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Finally, the "DOWNY COOLEY" troll is lame. If I actually went to Cooley it would be pretty funny. I guess the troll thinks that by writing "Cooley" by my name it somehow will cause me to transfer there? I am confused.

HTH

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 07:02:12 PM »
*Bump* for the Yale hopefuls

New Man

• Sunshines through my window
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2005, 07:55:39 PM »
baff

maximumtennis82

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2005, 08:41:30 PM »
Just a random contribution:  Both myself and my future roomie (both incoming 1Ls at YLS) wrote on 'intellectual' topics...mine was on an issue I mentioned in my PS (the topic of my senior thesis), my roommmate's was something similar.

So both approaches can work, apparently.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005, 08:56:45 PM »
Just a random contribution:  Both myself and my future roomie (both incoming 1Ls at YLS) wrote on 'intellectual' topics...mine was on an issue I mentioned in my PS (the topic of my senior thesis), my roommmate's was something similar.

So both approaches can work, apparently.

Thanks maximumtennis82. This is good to know.

maximumtennis82

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2005, 09:04:52 PM »
My main piece of advice is to avoid anything that sounds either cute-sy, solipsistic, or totally out of left field.  Those would only hurt your app...I'd aim for the 250 to be a neutral.

New Man

• Sunshines through my window
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2005, 11:00:53 PM »
My main piece of advice is to avoid anything that sounds either cute-sy, solipsistic, or totally out of left field.  Those would only hurt your app...I'd aim for the 250 to be a neutral.

Thanks Maxi,

:o

LAS

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2005, 09:07:58 AM »
I am THIS close to being done with most of my apps (sent in 4 early action ones last week), and am also THIS close to just not applying to Yale because of its stupid personal statement requirement. I only have something like a 6% shot of getting in, anyhow ... but I might work on something this weekend if my boyfriend manages to convince me. Def interested in what other ppl are writing about ... my initial idea was to maybe write about the struggles of being a mexican vegetarian and tie it in with something political/intellectual, but that may change when I actually sit down and work on it. :)

Just wondering, how can you be done with most of your applications if most schools, and the LSAT don't even release applications until august?