Law School Discussion

lmao, illinois

!@#$%

• View Profile
Re: lmao, illinois
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 12:35:43 PM »
Oh, for sure.  No way am I making fun of Chicago, because if everyone on the adcomm there is having a good day I'll probably get waitlisted.  But the email was definitely funny.

A_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 12:41:38 PM »
"OH, REALLY? are we being perhaps a tad presumptuous?"

she clearly meant her post as a slam on the school.  now confronted with information that proves U of I can indeed say they are a member of the famous group she is trying to backpedal and see of it was just a funny email b/c of this, that, and the other.

and most of u know u would be jumping of joy if a t14 sent that email to u and sayin ghow great it was that u got.  it wouldn't be funny, it would be the highlight of the day for a lot of people on here.  lets be real here people.

dr_draino

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004, 12:44:51 PM »

she clearly meant her post as a slam on the school.  now confronted with information that proves U of I can indeed say they are a member of the famous group she is trying to backpedal and see of it was just a funny email b/c of this, that, and the other.

and most of u know u would be jumping of joy if a t14 sent that email to u and sayin ghow great it was that u got.  it wouldn't be funny, it would be the highlight of the day for a lot of people on here.  lets be real here people.

Actually there have been a number of threads about funny fee waivers.  Notably the aformentioned U. Chicago email and the Michigan "personalized" one.  I of course wouldn't know of such things, as my blazing 2.87 gpa keeps me from getting love from even the bottom feeders.

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 12:47:54 PM »

she clearly meant her post as a slam on the school.  now confronted with information that proves U of I can indeed say they are a member of the famous group she is trying to backpedal and see of it was just a funny email b/c of this, that, and the other.

and most of u know u would be jumping of joy if a t14 sent that email to u and sayin ghow great it was that u got.  it wouldn't be funny, it would be the highlight of the day for a lot of people on here.  lets be real here people.

Um, why do you even care?

inthesun

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2004, 12:49:15 PM »
A guy, it's totally not Lexy's style to *slam* a school.  I myself am applying to U of I, and am not at all offended by her post.  In fact, I agree with her, and would find it a bit presumptious if a T14 sent an email like that.  Lighten up!  :)

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 12:49:28 PM »
As I threw three more Fee Waivers in the trash today (clearing off my desk... long overdue, and still hopelessly far from done), I wondered if there were any rules about passing unused ones along.

Lulu

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 12:51:16 PM »
Why is it a big deal? The email is funny, and yes it is very presumptious. For one, I have never heard of them, and I have been researching law schools for months now. They never caught my eye. I'm sure it's a great school, but no, they are not "famous" to the general public.

And yes, we always make fun of weird letters from law schools. Go look at the Chicago thread, or the UMich thread, like Draino said. Geez.

lexylit

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 12:56:22 PM »
no backpedaling. and no slamming.

well, u of i is great, but i suppose you could say i "slammed" the email. i'm a harsh critic when it comes to written materials but i'm almost always kidding. it wouldn't have affected my likelihood of applying there if it were a scool or area that already piqued my interest, and i sure as hell don't think it's beneath me if that's what you're implying.

anyone, here's hoping you're the only one who read me that way.

UofIEng

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 01:26:05 PM »
For those of you who got this email, what are your GPA/LSAT numbers? 

UofI is my alma-mater, and those bastards didn't send me anything. >:(

I hate my school, don't go here.

buster

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 02:21:52 PM »
3.56/177

For those of you who got this email, what are your GPA/LSAT numbers? 

UofI is my alma-mater, and those bastards didn't send me anything. >:(

I hate my school, don't go here.