Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Major advice  (Read 2868 times)

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
Re: Major advice
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 07:17:32 PM »
It sounds like it's fairly early in your career. Having a graduate degree only helps your application. I'm sure you'll improve on the test.

th

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 03:11:10 PM »
ok at the risk of sounding like an evil female dog.
here it goes...
give it up honey.
i would NEVER hire you as my lawyer.
case and point go back and read your post "and got an undergrad GPA of"
being  a lawyer is about being a clear articulate writer and thinker.
its is not for everyone so don't feel bad.
look at it this way your going to work your ass off at something you are not naturally inclined to do at a second rate school. while doing this you are going to accrue a massive amount of debt and then you are going to come out and start at some low paying job because you did not go to a top tier school. in short rethink it... I'm sure there is something you would be much better at!

bradzwest

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 03:15:08 PM »
2 1/2 month old thread

tiptoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 03:29:04 PM »
Success comes long after others have already given up.

Start prepping again now in small doses.  When you finish with graduate school take a Powerscore full length course as soon as possibe!  Not while you are still in school, you need to just focus on the LSAT.  Consider getting a tutor as well.  Let's face it, you need help. If you don't have the money, find it!

Start thinking about your LOR's make sure they are going to be strong and they are from Professors who could attest to your Academic strengths and character. 
When you apply again, make sure that your Personal Statement is strong and well edited.  Those are going to be key factors as well as your numbers and hopefully your Graduate School GPA will be strong as well.

I think in the long run, it will attest to your character.  It will show endurance, perserverance and committment.

Good luck!