Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted... University of Texas at Austin  (Read 3890 times)

lazybum

Re: Accepted... University of Texas at Austin
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 05:15:27 PM »
Sorry, I was doing a celebratory jig and got distracted :)

Yes that is me in lawschoolnumbers :)  I guess I should go change the status...

GA resident, 163/171 LSAT (included addendum explaining and asking them to take higher score), 3.0 GPA, non-URM... My file was complete on 10/28.  Hope that helps you guys.  :)  If it's any consolation for those of you still waiting on letters- mine might have come quicker because I was also accepted last year.  I wouldn't stress too much if you haven't received a letter yet.  Good luck to you guys!  :)

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 05:24:49 PM »
GA resident, 163/171 LSAT (included addendum explaining and asking them to take higher score), 3.0 GPA, non-URM... My file was complete on 10/28.  Hope that helps you guys.  :)  If it's any consolation for those of you still waiting on letters- mine might have come quicker because I was also accepted last year.  I wouldn't stress too much if you haven't received a letter yet.  Good luck to you guys!  :)

Hey has your application status changed on their website, or does it still say "complete...is currently being considered"?

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004, 05:25:07 PM »
congrats to both acceptances!

would you mind answering an annoying question during your celebratory jig?  does your status check say "decision"?

GoDawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 05:29:41 PM »
Savannah-I also have an 8-point difference on my LSAT.  What did you say in your addendum?  I didn't include one in my apps but I guess I still could.  Do you think that really helped you?

GoDawgs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2004, 05:30:04 PM »
Savannah-I also have an 8-point difference on my LSAT.  What did you say in your addendum?  I didn't include one in my apps but I guess I still could.  Do you think that really helped you?

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »
OGLPA - I, too, called the UT office and they told me that all EA applications would be held until a week or so into November and then all of the LSDAS reports would be pulled at once.  I did not ask about a decision time table.  I think I just talked to a student worker (maybe you did too) so maybe this could be where some of the discrepancy comes in. 
Attending: Texas

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 07:21:12 PM »
I bet this is just what they put on some memo for the student workers so people don't call back every two days asking about their status or freak out because they haven't gotten a reply...kind of like how LSAT said the Oct. scores wouldn't be out until the 25th but released them a few days earlier.  I bet that January is probably the "latest" we will know something by.  I bet that they probably got a whole bunch of apps in last week and the week before since the EA Deadline was Nov. 1st.  Probably all of the October test takers (like myself) waited to find out what there score was to apply and then applied that week after the score came out.  I'm trying not to freak about them not having requested my report and not expect any sort of decision for at least another month or two. 

badmoonontherise

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 09:07:31 PM »
To the people who have been accepted:

When you say your file was complete on 10/29 or 10/28, where are you getting this date.  Are you getting it from the online status page.  I know when I transmitted and stuff, but I'm not sure when my application was complete.  Thanks.
3.85/167

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 09:53:59 PM »

eurochunk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2004, 08:37:46 AM »
Hey guys:

When i log in to the UT application status check, this is at the bottom of the page:

Status Updates 
Your JD application was received on October 14, 2004 
Admission was granted on November 2, 2004 

The date i used for the "application complete" date was the date on the email i was sent saying that the school had received my LSDAS report. 

Since the school has to maintain an 80% TX resident requirement, maybe they sent out the first round to TX residents