Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: third tier toilet Ranking  (Read 56203 times)

vlu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: third tier toilet Ranking
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2009, 07:01:22 AM »
Hey guys, it's my first post! I just joined this board in hope to get some support/recommendations for law school. So fr, my expectations of support has vastly dropped due to this thread. I was accepted to Thomas Jefferson School of Law and it completely ails me to see so many people scorn upon this school. I hope that all negative feedback from this school is wrong, since it's the only school I've been accepted to so far (I mean, I've gotten rejected to Western State, Whittier Law School, and California Western... shoot). I hope there's other lower tier members in this board who can actually give me some insightful comments and suggestions.

SamE397

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2009, 11:30:21 AM »
I'm going to be going to a TTT school so this is nothing against T3/4 schools in general. Unfortunately, there are some schools (Cooley, Liberty, The People's College) that deserve to be made of fun of a little bit.

However most schools don't fall into that category; the fact of the matter is just because you wouldn't go to school that doesn't mean a school doesn't have a good reason for existing or that it is in some way failing it's students. As I think was alluded to earlier many T3-T4 schools are in geographically limiting areas(I.E The Dakotas, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho). 

All that said, you probably should generally go to a top school if you can get into one. Sure, going to a top school doesn't guarantee anything but it hedges your bets. 

SamE397

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2009, 11:55:04 AM »
Regent University in Virginia! They darkened my mailbox, unsolicited of course, with some of their sectarian fundamentalist trash one day--oh what a joy it was to be invited to join their law school/cult and help them undermine the foundation of secular democratic government...
ROFL someone needs to quit spending all their time on the huffington post.

kennedyposter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2009, 06:58:07 PM »
Regent University in Virginia! They darkened my mailbox, unsolicited of course, with some of their sectarian fundamentalist trash one day--oh what a joy it was to be invited to join their law school/cult and help them undermine the foundation of secular democratic government...

hahah SO true!

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
  • BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, Detriot red cleaned up!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2009, 02:03:54 AM »
Hey guys, it's my first post! I just joined this board in hope to get some support/recommendations for law school. So fr, my expectations of support has vastly dropped due to this thread. I was accepted to Thomas Jefferson School of Law and it completely ails me to see so many people scorn upon this school. I hope that all negative feedback from this school is wrong, since it's the only school I've been accepted to so far (I mean, I've gotten rejected to Western State, Whittier Law School, and California Western... shoot). I hope there's other lower tier members in this board who can actually give me some insightful comments and suggestions.

hey to each his own, do whats best for you and what makes sense to you. Everyone (well amost everyone) is a reject at some school, and a superstar at another school (numbers wise). Just be sure to listen to people who actually know what they are talking about, and take everything on here with a grain of salt..(most people on here are 0Ls, so its like the blind leading the blind most of the time).

From personal experience I have a friend who is at Cooley in 08 and as a transfer has been accepted to several Top 50 school, granted he was like top 5% or 10% of his class I think. I am not saying these lower ranked schools are good or bad. Obviously you must know what you getting yourself into and know what consequences (good or bad) they bring. I am just saying take your career plans (region of practice, speciality, and etc) and your finance situation (scholarships, grants, and etc) into account and do what you got to do to get where you going. MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION BASED ON FROM INFORMATION YOU GATHERED FROM CREDIABLE SOURCES!!!
Feeling like Detriot Red cleaned up!!

SamE397

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »

hahah SO true!
Really do you even know what the ACLJ does?

I did some research on them after I got something from Regent and was surprised by far their biggest area of advocacy involves protester rights.

vlu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2009, 04:04:48 AM »
Obama2, thank you for your words of kindness. It seems as if some people's egos are very big here, so it's tough finding people who actually aren't jerks

scrabble75

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2009, 09:54:40 PM »
I've read nothing but controversy about Regent and Liberty....anybody here any horror stories about these schools? :o
READ THIS FIRST!!!! www.kevinroose.com

www.studentsreview.com/viewprofile.php3?k=1107127095&u=1409

Thinking about applying to Regent's Law School or Liberty's Liberty Law School?????