Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: third tier toilet Ranking  (Read 54934 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: third tier toilet Ranking
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2005, 11:28:58 PM »
I retract my previous post. Compared to Peoples College of Laws the PR schools look like HYS! Seriously, all of the students at Peoples College of Law look like illegal immigrants. Not to mention they freely admit they're communist. Also has anyone seen that picture on their site ofthe school logo? It looks like a Soviet propaganda poster done in a southwestern motif. The best part is that if you look closely at it, it appears to be an old poster that has been crumpled, torn, taped back together and mounted in a 50 cent frame!
http://peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/photos/pages/2004_0331_165338AA_JPG.htm
I laughed so hard when i saw these pics, my mother got scared. This is too much. I can't say much about TTTs as i will almost certainly be attending one myself, but i don't think i could ever quite bring myself to attend the PCL.

Dude, my dad went there and he works for Castro now.

HighPSI

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2005, 12:01:14 AM »
I retract my previous post. Compared to Peoples College of Laws the PR schools look like HYS! Seriously, all of the students at Peoples College of Law look like illegal immigrants. Not to mention they freely admit they're communist. Also has anyone seen that picture on their site ofthe school logo? It looks like a Soviet propaganda poster done in a southwestern motif. The best part is that if you look closely at it, it appears to be an old poster that has been crumpled, torn, taped back together and mounted in a 50 cent frame!
http://peoplescollegeoflaw.edu/photos/pages/2004_0331_165338AA_JPG.htm

It is an old poster.  I hardly know anything about hispanic culture but it was obvious to me in 2 seconds it was from back in the Cesar Chavez days:

http://www.nevadalabor.com/cesar/cesargraphics/ufwflag395wx285h.jpg

Ivan_D_Terrible

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2008, 03:00:03 PM »
No one has said anything in over three years...so I felt the need to post something. So...SOMETHING!

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2008, 01:18:55 AM »
Didn't the current mayor of L.A. go to PCL?

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2008, 01:22:43 AM »

Cochran went to Loyola - New Orleans...this didn't make him any less a great legal mind.

???

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2008, 01:28:24 AM »
Totally; you'd have to be a jack-ass of monumental proportions to believe that no skilled lawyers come from third tier schools; ironically, I think more famed and successful lawyers have come out of third tier than the top schools (undoubtedly because of their sheer number, but still). Yet, like a higher education in general is supposed to do, an Ivy or top-tier law school education is an insurance policy--one insuring that you'll at least have great opportunities (financial, if nothing else). What you make of those opportunities, is of course, an individual endeavor.

I agree.
Without the USNWR ratings, how would you choose your school?
Sure, you may get more national opportunities coming from HYS...but, you still have to do well in school, it's not a free pass.

Actually, you can get nice national opportunities at HYS even from the very bottom of the class. That's the whole point.

Also, I believe where (and what) you want to practice makes a HUGE difference. I think a judge from Mississippi is going to trust an Ole Miss grad far before he trusts some "big city suit" from Harvard.

Many top Mississippi judges went to Harvard.  It truly is a national program, by any measure.

That said, the Ole Miss grads will do fine in Mississippi. 

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2008, 01:33:41 AM »
I love law school, but what I hate seeing is all the pretentious bastards that attend. Law School is something special that only a portion of the population will get the opportunity to revel in. I am currently in my second year at UT, had the option to attend a higher ranked school, but b/c I live in TX you can't beat the in state tuition. For those who continue to trash talk third tier toilets remember that they, like you, are human beings aspiring to be all that they can be. Just because they are not quite as academically inclined as you, doesn't make you a better person. Some people are quicker than others. It's a fact. But to constantly create threads that exploit this vulnerability is stupid. Unless you are at Yale, remember, there are people faster than you and I would hope they have the same modest respect that you should show to those at a lower ranked school. I am tired of hearing at my own school about how its the best school in Texas. I love that it is and I am honored for the privilege to attend, but it doesn't make me a better person. What makes you a better person is a mutual respect for your law school comrades, whether they are in your particular jurisdiction or not. Sorry for the long post, but the sadistic attacks are tiresome and unnecessary.

Take care and good luck to all,

Ryan

Trust me, there are plenty of dumb people at Yale.

A. Douchowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2008, 12:46:28 AM »
I'm sure this thread is dead, but I really enjoyed reading the posts.  Any new nominees?

A. Douchowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2009, 12:20:42 AM »
Interesting FYI for this dead thread: the Puerto Rico schools are intended for practice only in PR and are taught entirely in Spanish.  So the LSATs taken by the students is being done in a (presumably) second language and the very low LSAT range for the PR schools is potentially explained by this.

amensupremera

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2009, 03:49:45 AM »
Texas Southern and Ave Maria. I applied to Texas Southern because I'm from Texas and wanted to apply to every school in Texas (just in case hell froze over and nobody else would have me)and Ave Maria because they sent me an invite fee waiver and I wanted to practice the application process before I went for the schools I really wanted. Both these schools sent me acceptance letters within a week of sending my application, which I found odd since it was only September. When I got the acceptance letter I spent HOURS combing through the internet to find one positive word about these two schools that wasn't published through the universities and didn't find one word. I actually went to visit Texas Southern and man is that place a sh*thole. Right in the middle of 3rd Ward Houstan ghetto. I know some colleges that are in bad neighborhoods, but usually they are a bright beacon of hope in an otherwise rough area. Not Texas Southern. It was all rundown and nobody in the front office seemed to care that I was a potential student that had been accepted. They just didn't give a damn. The students I talked to told me to stay away and the ones that didn't seemed like they were trying to convice themselves that attending wasn't the biggest mistake of their lives. Think I'm laying it on thick....visit their website and tell me that it doesn't drip with incompetence. Thank GOD that I eventually recieved better offers!