Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: third tier toilet Ranking  (Read 56382 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: third tier toilet Ranking
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2005, 12:56:47 PM »
Wow...you seem to really know the Papal operating system. I got dinged at St. Mary's, but I have an app in at Loyola New Orleans. Think you could put in a good word for me with His Holiness?

puma

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2005, 01:06:43 PM »
Unfortunately, His Holiness has not had any connection with NOLA since 1917, when the Storyville red-light district was shut down.  Without the devilish temptations, His Holiness has no need to visit.  He does, however, maintain very close relationships with Catholic, in D.C., the next best district for prostitution in the US. 

I'll make a telephone call, but those Polish operators are notorious for messing up the message as it is passed along the line.  Last time I used it, I said "I would like to order some pierogis" and by the time it got to the end of the line it was "I want to marry your goat."

LaneSwerver

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2005, 02:30:39 PM »
Unfortunately, His Holiness has not had any connection with NOLA since 1917, when the Storyville red-light district was shut down.  Without the devilish temptations, His Holiness has no need to visit.  He does, however, maintain very close relationships with Catholic, in D.C., the next best district for prostitution in the US. 

I'll make a telephone call, but those Polish operators are notorious for messing up the message as it is passed along the line.  Last time I used it, I said "I would like to order some pierogis" and by the time it got to the end of the line it was "I want to marry your goat."

His Holiness was about 64 years old in 1917...impressive he still was interested in the red-light district.

I'd appreciate the good word with the Pontiff. Whatever you do, don't mention that time I dressed up as a mollusk and ran through the Vatican screaming, "Steam me, steam me, you fool, you fool!" Surely he wouldn't remember that.

LawDiv25

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2005, 11:07:04 PM »
I find it ironic that a school with such a restrictive set of rules calls themselves 'Liberty' University. I think one of the scariest parts of the rules is that associating with people consuming alcohol is as big a disciplinary infraction as racial harassment.

18 Reprimands + $250 Fine 
+ 18 hours Disciplinary Community Service

Association with those consuming alcohol
Commission of a misdemeanor
Entering a residence hall apartment or quad of the opposite sex or allowing the same
Entering bedroom of the opposite sex on/off campus or allowing the same
Failure to properly identify oneself
Falsification of information on an official document
Racial harassment
Sexual harassment (i.e., unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors or other conduct or comments of a sexual nature)
Sexual misconduct and/or any state of undress
Threat to do bodily harm
Vandalism (plus financial restitution)

Isn't that for their undergraduate program?

stateofbeasley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The State of Beasley blog
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2005, 07:03:08 PM »
I can't believe people make threads like these. I just hope ya'll don't get in a tizzy when some Widener or NYLS grad with better social skills and wealthier connections beats you to a biglaw job.

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2005, 08:44:15 PM »
Hahahaha! You must be a Pontificial Catholic Univ of Puerto Rico reject. Got jokes.com?

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2005, 01:25:09 AM »
I find it ironic that a school with such a restrictive set of rules calls themselves 'Liberty' University. I think one of the scariest parts of the rules is that associating with people consuming alcohol is as big a disciplinary infraction as racial harassment.

18 Reprimands + $250 Fine 
+ 18 hours Disciplinary Community Service

Association with those consuming alcohol
Commission of a misdemeanor
Entering a residence hall apartment or quad of the opposite sex or allowing the same
Entering bedroom of the opposite sex on/off campus or allowing the same
Failure to properly identify oneself
Falsification of information on an official document
Racial harassment
Sexual harassment (i.e., unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors or other conduct or comments of a sexual nature)
Sexual misconduct and/or any state of undress
Threat to do bodily harm
Vandalism (plus financial restitution)

Even more disturbing is that "entering the bedroom of the opposite sex" is on the same level as "unwelcome sexual advances" and "threat to do bodily harm"  I mean it's one thing to have moral standards it's another to lose all perspective in the midst of your righteous indignation.
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings

mattn

• AOL Instant Messenger - talenos
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2005, 06:43:54 PM »
come on people, noone posted the fine for abortion?

30 Reprimands + $500 Fine 
+ 30 hours Disciplinary Community Service + possible Administrative Withdrawal. NOTE: For each accumulation of six (6) or more reprimands after 30, an additional $150 fine will be assessed.

Abortion
Academic dishonesty
Assault/sexual assault (minimum two (2) semesters out)
Commission/conviction of any felony
Failure of three (3) Christian/Community Services without reconciliation
Illegal drugs-association/possession, use/distribution (minimum two semesters out)
Immorality
Involvement with witchcraft, sťances or other satanic or demonic activity
Life-threatening behavior or language to others or oneself (immediate removal/exclusion from campus and a minimum of two semesters out)
Non-participation/disruption/non-compliance (possible removal/exclusion from campus)
Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages
Refusal to submit to an Alco-Sensor test and/or drug test
Spending the night with a person of the opposite sex
Stealing or possession of stolen property (plus financial restitution; minimum two semesters out)
Two or more individuals of the opposite sex together in motel room
Unauthorized possession/use of weapons

spit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2005, 08:31:11 PM »
i like how "attendance at a dance" is worthy of 6 reprimands.
truth is far stranger than fiction!!

spit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2005, 08:32:11 PM »
oh, i must also add that attending a dance is worse (6 reprimands) than stealing ("unauthorized borrowing" at 4 reprimands)