Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Law School housing  (Read 1409 times)

Prince Rondavel

• View Profile
    • Blog
Brooklyn Law School housing
« on: April 07, 2004, 02:05:02 PM »
I mailed my deposit for BLS today.  Thank to everyone for all the advice.  Anyone ever seen the inside of one of the school's apartments?  I'm on a merit scholorship and I'm from Atlanta so I'm thinking my chances of landing one of them for me and my wife are pretty good.  Hopefully.  It sure would make moving a hell of a lot easier than going through the brokers and classifieds and dealing with landlords.

P.R.

blizzard of ozz

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.66/163
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brooklyn Law School housing
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 03:17:48 PM »
I saw them before they were campus housing. If they're the brownstones I think - they're nice, real nice. They probably changed the insides though since when I last saw that specific area where housing is awhile back (I have relatives who lived very close to there). I remembered the street when I saw it on the housing form, but I can't remember it for the life of me now.

They're expensive as hell though, like a grand a month if I remember from their housing forms. It's a very costly area to live, so it'll probably save you a ton of hassle though. The price is fair, but far from a discount.

If you don't know the Brooklyn Heights area, and can't go apartment hunting in person, it's probably not a bad idea to get housing through the school. It's in a great area, though. Sorry I can't be of help on the interior though. Best of luck!

Oh, btw some law schools have off-campus apartment listings for students (that aren't through the school). You might want to request that too from admissions or residence life. If I hadn't registered for housing through the school at SJU, I would have requested that. I sent in my housing deposit today.

little_old_lady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 08:26:07 PM »
I've seen a few of Brooklyn's apartments and they're pretty nice.  Some of them are brownstones and some are elevator buildings (12 stories or so without a doorman).  BTW, a grand a month isn't expensive for that area and you're saving a bundle because you woulnd't have to pay first and last's month rent and a finder's fee.  It's very competitive though and slots are based on the merit scholarship you've received and how far you live from NYC. 

Prince Rondavel

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 04:56:24 PM »
Thanks.  I'm hoping I'll get one of those competitive slots as I am on a partial merit scholarship and I live in Atlanta.

P_R