Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: attachments being "processed"  (Read 521 times)

spacecowgirl

attachments being "processed"
« on: November 06, 2004, 05:58:09 PM »
i finished my applications and uploaded my personal statement and resume.  i tried to transmit my applications and it gave me this pop up that said my written statements hadn't been 'processed' yet.  wtf? 

does anyone know how long it takes lsac to process personal statements?  the whole service seems like a bunch of crap. 

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: attachments being "processed"
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 06:06:15 PM »
It should only take a few seconds.  Go ahead and transmit anyway, then call the LSAC technical helpdesk, and ask them to push it though. 

spacecowgirl

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 06:12:09 PM »
ok.  wait- are they there on weekends?  oh, technical support... it has been like 6 hours now...

Mrs Malaprop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 12:39:01 AM »
i finished my applications and uploaded my personal statement and resume.  i tried to transmit my applications and it gave me this pop up that said my written statements hadn't been 'processed' yet.  wtf? 

does anyone know how long it takes lsac to process personal statements?  the whole service seems like a bunch of darn. 

The "processing" is actually conversion to PDF format. This is the format in which they will be sent to law schools.

Personally, I prefer to wait until they come up processed and then check out how they look in PDF so that I can make sure that there were no errors in translation. (Mostly because I work with Acrobat on a daily basis and know exactly how screwy the results can be on occasion.) It's a good thing that I did on my UVA application, because my "show changes" information showed up, even though I had it turned off and it hadn't shown up when I printed my documents to copyedit them. :o

Note: Usually, a PDF will look exactly like the "Print Preview" (or actually printed-out) version of your document looks. But not always.