Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 5000th post  (Read 1736 times)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
5000th post
« on: November 05, 2004, 10:53:59 PM »
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,13416.0.html

spurred on by the above thread, today i decided that i must win the pointless race to 5K.  i am now the third person to reach the rank of "LSD obsessed" after cho and zap.

per the rules set forth by victor in the LSD constitution, every 1000 posts is occasion for a shout out to those who helped you get there.  i must point out that this is post number 5001 for me.  i made my 5000th post on the above thread with the intention of editing the post later to make my speech without posting anything else (so it would still technically be my 5000th post).  but now i've decided that this deserves its own thread.  plus i'm trying to make it onto the "top topic starters" list.   ;)

thanks first and foremost must go to bisquick.  when i decided that i must beat lexy to 5000, i had 4930 posts to her 4995.  but thanks in large part to the one word thread, i was able to post 70 times in about an hour.  bisquick, that thread was genius, and my post-whoredom appreciates the idea.

secondly, i want to thank cho and zap for giving me a goal to strive toward.  cho first made the trek to a milestone thread count seem exciting, and zap made 5000 seem more attainable to the non-cho LSDer.

third, i would like to thank lexy for the competition, without whom i would have continued on my merry way to 5000 posts at my own pace.  (i also thank for her not posting 5 times during that one hour.)  on that note, i should thank franz for pointing out how close lexy and i both were to 5000, and draino, jayhawk, buster, and kgd, all of whom i assume voted for me in franz's poll.  jayhawk, in fact, pointed out that i would probably see that thread and race lexy to the finish line.  jayhawk's so smart  ;D  9 people voted for me, and if everyone on that thread (except me, since i voted for lexy) voted for me, i'm still missing three people, so thanks to those other three people.

i also want to thank andrew for developing and maintaining this forum, and i want to congratulate him for passing the massachusetts state bar!  if you haven't already congratulated him, please do so here: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,13599.0.html

beyond that, my appreciation goes to everyone on LSD.  i once posted a list of LSDers with whom i'd want to go to law school, and i knew i'd forget people, and sure enough, i did.  and then i felt guilty.  so i will name no more names; you all know who you are, and you all know i e-love you.  i don't want to inadvertently hurt feelings by failing to mention any names.

i want to close by saying good luck to everyone taking the LSAT in the future (whether this december or beyond), to everyone still working on applications, to everyone applying next year, and to everyone now awaiting decisions.  i truly am looking forward to all of you getting into your dream schools.  LSD has been immeasurably useful as a source of information, and i hope to leave behind as much as i've taken by the time i retire in july/august 2005.  i'm excited to meet several of you when we start attending admit weekends and such (or earlier).

once again, thank you, and good luck to all!

best wishes always,
your LSD obsessed pookie
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 5000th post
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 11:05:15 PM »
thanks :)  i didn't realize how long my speech ended up being...

i'll add a final thank you to anyone who actually read that whole thing.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

vegemitemama

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 10:10:22 PM »
Wow Pookie. Congratulations. One day I hope to be able to live up to the high standard you have set. (the phrase I'm not worthy comes to mind for some reason..... )  :)
Please will you be my mentor?  :D

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 10:28:25 PM »
thank you to both of you!   ;D

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 02:19:31 PM »
Congrats.  Welcome to the HTH club... everyone who doesn't have 5,000 is T.T.T. 

I jest, but welcome aboard anyway.  Too bad the Godfather, Cho himself, isn't around to see this glorious day.

ZAP

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 02:26:13 PM »
thanks, zap!  so that answers you question: i beat lexy by 5 posts, but i had to come back from behind to make it.  it was a close one.

i'm sad that cho's not here, but i'm glad you were on the other side to welcome me to the non-ttt side of the board ;)  and now we have lexy too.

NYKnicks

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 02:29:27 PM »
So its T-4, and then a bunch of TTT's? I thought at least being T-10 would at least land me somewhere between T-4 and TTT.

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 02:38:46 PM »
So its T-4, and then a bunch of third tier toilet's? I thought at least being T-10 would at least land me somewhere between T-4 and third tier toilet.

Yeah, you're like second tier.  But only because we like you, Reindeers.  Otherwise, you'd be T.T.T. as well.

ZAP

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 02:47:59 PM »
bump.

i'm at 6000.  instead of making another speech, y'all can read my 5000 speech again.

i'm getting close to zap's number of posts!   :o

buster

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 02:51:43 PM »
worst...post...ever  ;)

bump.

i'm at 6000.  instead of making another speech, y'all can read my 5000 speech again.

i'm getting close to zap's number of posts!   :o