Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Extra LoRs and Letters of (Continued) Interest  (Read 577 times)

pinktinker

• View Profile
Extra LoRs and Letters of (Continued) Interest
« on: April 06, 2004, 05:22:58 PM »
Does it actually make a difference to send in an extra LoR or two and a letter of continued interest to law schools that have not yet sent out notifications of acceptance/rejection?  There have been posts re. this strategy for people on waiting lists.  I suppose it couldn't hurt, but does anyone have any info about whether or not such a tactic could help?  I'm waiting anxiously for my top two choices to get back to me, but don't expect to hear anything until mid- to late April, possibly May.  Both are mid-tier 1, and my scores are iffy (163 composite and 3.47 UGPA); I've got excellent LoRs, lots of grad work, and great ECs, but I would expect that my application looks strictly borderline.

Any thoughts? 

lstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Extra LoRs and Letters of (Continued) Interest
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 05:26:36 PM »
I only do such when I have been waitlisted...

Until that point, I'd stick with what they have required, anything beyond at this stage may annoy the admissions committee...who knows....

pinktinker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 05:30:15 PM »
Well, yeah, that's what I figured, too.  But what if the school(s) seems to be foregoing the waitlist option -- i.e., simply letting most applicants pend until May, by which time top students will have made their choices/deposits? 

eclecteaux

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 05:43:36 PM »
PinkTinker-

I'd call the Admissions Office and just ask if it would be possible to add such a letter to your application file. The attitude and recommendation of the person on the phone should give you some idea of how amenable they are to it.

That's the tactic I employed with Tulane when I was told my app. was still "in review." The girl said I could send a letter, but that I should do it fast.

Hopefully I'll get the result I desire. Two weeks later I still twist in the wind...