Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those of you who have ever called (and gotten through to) LSAC  (Read 1195 times)

buster

Re: For those of you who have ever called (and gotten through to) LSAC
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 08:31:44 AM »
Yes, press 0 right away to talk to someone. When you talk to someone, you can request a PIN.

From LSAC website:
Contact a CANDIDATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:

Phone: 215.968.1001 and press 0 to speak to a representative
E-mail: Click here to fill out our online form and contact a candidate representative

I press '0' as soon as I hear the recording and usually get through with no problem.

Tea

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 08:31:54 PM »
If you need it, your pin is under Profile/Biographical, down at the bottom by where you were born.

Hitting zero makes more sense, though. Even if you punch in the numbers, you'll still have to tell the actual person, should you get one, what your account number is. And you still get to hear the female voice saying stay on the line and the male voice saying it's all on line, dolt. But if you just need to check something from a phone ...

I only got hung up on by one "customer service rep," and I hadn't even gotten to bitchy yet.

Sorry about your report. That's not good.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 08:55:49 PM »
From LSAC website:
Contact a CANDIDATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:

Phone: 215.968.1001 and press 0 to speak to a representative
E-mail: Click here to fill out our online form and contact a candidate representative

I press '0' as soon as I hear the recording and usually get through with no problem.

See?  I knew there was something on the website that I just couldn't find.  Many thanks.  As much as I am loathe to bug them anymore (I sent them two emails in the last month about this problem), it has to be fixed.  They shall receive a call this Monday. 
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 08:58:56 PM »
Yes, press 0 right away to talk to someone. When you talk to someone, you can request a PIN.

Thank you, also.  I'm glad you guys knew the answer, because I was tired of digging through LSAC.org with my pathetically slow internet connection.

(LSN)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 09:06:47 PM »
If you need it, your pin is under Profile/Biographical, down at the bottom by where you were born.

Thanks!  That's extremely helpful; for some reason I thought that I was just forgetting what I'd chosen for a PIN.  Glad I'm not quite that crazy.

Hitting zero makes more sense, though. Even if you punch in the numbers, you'll still have to tell the actual person, should you get one, what your account number is. And you still get to hear the female voice saying stay on the line and the male voice saying it's all on line, dolt. But if you just need to check something from a phone ...

I only got hung up on by one "customer service rep," and I hadn't even gotten to bitchy yet.

Sorry about your report. That's not good.

It's alright.  Basically the only mess-up is that they left it blank under "degree awarded" and "date" when it should've said "A.A." and "05/02".  Technically this shows up on my transcript (and in my resume), but it's frustrating nonetheless.

&I honestly hope they'll be nice to me.  I just have that one simple request and a quick question about LORs that arrive late (as to whether or not they'll be sent on to law schools after the report is sent out).  I'm not going there to pick a fight (although I technically could, because I sent out an LOR over a month ago that has yet to be processed/acknowledged).  I just want to get things straightened out.

Thank you for replying.

(LSN)

Lulu

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 09:16:29 PM »
I always call them early in the morning. Not sure where you live, but I"m in central time and I wake up call right as they come into the office. That way, I get through right away. Just a little strategy...It's worked the couple of times I had to call them. I also just press 0.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 09:28:06 PM »
I always call them early in the morning. Not sure where you live, but I"m in central time and I wake up call right as they come into the office. That way, I get through right away. Just a little strategy...It's worked the couple of times I had to call them. I also just press 0.

I'm in the Midwest, so Central time like you.  Unfortunately, I leave for work every morning at 6a.m., so calling them early probably wouldn't work (and I don't think they're open on the weekends, right?).  Oh, well.  I'll try on Monday around 2p.m. when I'm done with work and classes.

(LSN)