Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For those of you who have ever called (and gotten through to) LSAC  (Read 1193 times)

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Hello, hello.  Dumb question, ahoy!

LSAC has messed up my academic summary report (which is being sent everywhere in tarnation now with its mistake all over it).  I emailed their info helpline 3 weeks ago and never heard back. . .I emailed again 4 days ago and haven't heard back.  Today, I decided to call them just to get it sorted out once and for all.

My problem was that I never got to speak to anyone in person, because I have NO idea what my PIN is when they ask for it.  I honestly don't recall ever receiving or specifying a PIN when I signed up.  So, for those of you who have actually called LSAC, what is this PIN thing and how do I get one (or discover what one I've been given)?

Slightly annoyed at the moment, because I have a feeling I'm missing something really simple (like an explanation on their website).  Any help would be appreciated.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: For those of you who have ever called (and gotten through to) LSAC
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 01:52:34 AM »
i've called a few times--i dont remember ever entering a pin.  the # i called from website.  maybe pin = lsac #? (even that i dont remember having to give)

LN135

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 02:03:20 AM »
I called a couple of days ago and didn't know what the pin thing was all about either, so I just stayed on the line.  Someone eventually picked up (though I can't say she was super-helpful).  Good luck getting your report straightened out!!  How frustrating.  :(

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 02:35:54 AM »
So, you just stayed on the line after waiting the automated voice ended and you got a real person?  I apparently didn't have the patience for it.

Thanks, guys.  Maybe I'll try calling again tomorrow on my way home from school on the bus.

(LSN)

LN135

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:49:48 AM »
Yup, I think that's what I did.  There may have eventually been a "press X to speak to an actual person" option, in which case I pressed it.  But I didn't have a pin, and I got through.  (After being on hold for about half an hour.)  Hope you have some luck with this tomorrow!

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 02:56:14 AM »
Yup, I think that's what I did.  There may have eventually been a "press X to speak to an actual person" option, in which case I pressed it.  But I didn't have a pin, and I got through.  (After being on hold for about half an hour.)  Hope you have some luck with this tomorrow!

Many thanks :)  I'm not going to mean to them or anything, but they had damn well better get my bleeping summary fixed! :P 

By the way, I *love* your avatar.  :)

(LSN)

LN135

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 02:59:02 AM »
Thank you.  :) 

kristay

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 03:00:43 AM »
When I called LSAC yesterday, I didn't need a pin number...

However, since we are complaining about the LSAC, let me add my own annoyances w/the company.  After being put on hold forever, I was disconnected.  I called back.  Did I get through to a real live person?  No...I got hung up on AGAIN...and it's not like I got hung up on for being rude or bitchy or anything...I hadn't said a single word yet because I couldn't actually get a real live person to pick up.

P.S. I'm sorry that the LSAT is so screwy that it messed up your Academic Summary Report...are you done sending out the rest of your apps now, though?

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 03:39:12 AM »
When I called LSAC yesterday, I didn't need a pin number...

However, since we are complaining about the LSAC, let me add my own annoyances w/the company.  After being put on hold forever, I was disconnected.  I called back.  Did I get through to a real live person?  No...I got hung up on AGAIN...and it's not like I got hung up on for being rude or bitchy or anything...I hadn't said a single word yet because I couldn't actually get a real live person to pick up.

P.S. I'm sorry that the LSAT is so screwy that it messed up your Academic Summary Report...are you done sending out the rest of your apps now, though?

Oy, do I still need to reply to your email.  I am so behind, and it sucks so much.

&yeah.  Damn LSAC.  They didn't give me credit for my 2 year degree in my academic summary and I'm anal about crap like that.  Sigh.

I've actually sent out all my reach and most of my target schools: Cornell, Boston U, Berkeley, Cardoza, UMN (haha, I won't get into any of these but it's worth a shot. . .and I swore I wouldn't apply to UMN, but I caved in due to instate tuition temptation), Santa Clara, Northeastern, and University of San Diego.  I still need to apply to University of San Francisco, Catholic U (targets), and Hamline, Touro, McGeorge, and Suffolk (safeties).

How's your app hell going?  One day soon it will be all over. . .

(LSN)

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 07:13:31 AM »
From LSAC website:
Contact a CANDIDATE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:

Phone: 215.968.1001 and press 0 to speak to a representative
E-mail: Click here to fill out our online form and contact a candidate representative

I press '0' as soon as I hear the recording and usually get through with no problem.