Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: tees for the ladies  (Read 13930 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: tees for the ladies
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2004, 06:36:37 PM »
I'm afraid my estimate was a little low. How about $14 per shirt plus $3 shipping?  I called one of the wholesalers and they gave me the same quote as the customink site.  The shirt is American Apparel, which makes really nice but expensive shirts (these same shirts are $18 blank in the American Apparel store).  I think it's worth the extra couple bucks to get American Apparel, but we could probably do something cheapers if that price is too high.

Assuming there are only about 20 people max that want the shirt, $14 is around the break-even point - which is okay because this would be a promotion for the site.  How does that sound?

What do you think of the Bauhaus font:

http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=a%40hotmail.com&F=lsd

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2004, 07:09:50 PM »
Yah, I like the Bauhaus font better.  It is more readable.  $14 a shirt is no prob :D
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2004, 10:29:04 PM »
I give it 2 thumbs up.

vegemitemama

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2004, 10:24:47 AM »
Love it! How do we pay?

inthesun

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2004, 11:10:35 AM »
Count me in.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2004, 01:37:29 AM »
i'm in too!  looks great, andrew :)

i mentioned this on the other thread, but the other cool thing about american apparel is that they don't use sweatshops.  the factory is in LA, and they pay fair wages to their employees.  there were tons of articles about this, as people love the president for the whole "sweatshop free clothing" concept.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2004, 06:01:18 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen (who know or dress as ladies)...

I present to you the pre-order page for the women's shirt:
http://www.tortfeasor.com/lsd.php

These should be ready in a couple weeks at the latest - please order as soon as possible though so I can make sure to make enough shirts in the popular sizes - and choose your size carefully, there are exact measurements on the site so no complaining later that your shirt is too small or too big.

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2004, 09:04:40 PM »
So we order and pay for them now, and they get shipped in a couple of weeks?  I'm not bitching, I just want to make sure I don't futz around waiting for pre-order stage to become order stage and end up missing the window of opportunity.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2004, 10:10:36 AM »
If you're sure you want one - yeah order and pay now.  I normally don't sell things I don't actually have, but in this case I want to make sure to get enough shirts without getting too many.  The profit margin is very slim on these, so if there even a handful left over I'll end up losing money.  I'm okay losing a little because this is a site promotion, but I can't afford four shirts for each of you to ensure having the right size.

Bottom line - I'd appreciate it if you ordered now, but it's okay not to and you'll still be able to get a shirt.  The pre-orders will ship two days before everyone else - there's a little incentive.

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2004, 08:56:35 PM »
just found this thread- girls, why didn't you tell me about this??  I am definitely in, tell me how to order :)