Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Government Law  (Read 616 times)

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Government Law
« on: April 06, 2004, 12:41:21 PM »

I understand that as i journey through law school i will be introduced to new aspects of the law that i never previously considered.  This being understood, one has to begin somewhere, "starting with the end in mind".
    I chose my school based on their position as having one of the foremost Government Law centers in the country.  Looking further down the road it seems that a career in Government Law may not be as financial rewarding as other areas of the legal field.  This leads me to my question:

Staying within the public sector, what types of jobs are available for an accomplished young adult with a law degree... where is the balance between service and consideration?  What types of jobs do young lawyers take in the public sector?

Finally, what school is considered by the masses to be the front runner in Government Law?  Something in DC i assume???

thanks,
     C.

Post Script:  Id love for this topic to bloom as a forum to discuss Government Law in more detail... are there many others out there interested in this area of the law?

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Government Law
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 12:59:13 PM »
I have a relative who left law partnership for governmental law in order to achieve a Zen like balance between the overwhelming forces in his life (being stress, type A personality, family, money).  He is now an Administrative law judge for a State government agency.  Another lawyer I know works in enforcement for the State Regulation and License department.
Go Bush!  (8

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 01:10:53 PM »
I suspect there is a fairly wide variety of work in government law.  Did you have anything in particular in mind?

Phillip79

• ICQ Messenger - 0
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PhillipBach79
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Phillip_Bach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 05:49:41 PM »
C. - Email me directly on this.