Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do you really want to go to law school?  (Read 12016 times)

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
Re: Do you really want to go to law school?
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2004, 05:51:33 PM »
He also has to go do that at Armani to make a fully informed decision.

True, but let's not blow his mind just yet.  Baby steps.
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

lexylit

« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2004, 06:12:25 PM »
nobody uses "blah" more expressively than you, lexy

:-*

superiorlobe

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2004, 06:57:26 PM »
After you've done this, come back here and tell us what you've decided.

I don't think you understand.  He has made up his mind and no one and nothing is ever going to convince him otherwise.

Verbosity

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 117686925
    • MSN Messenger - Pikeman85@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Pikeman852003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2004, 07:45:08 PM »
Er, no I haven't...

I have little information on suits. I've never really owned one (technically I have, but not really had a full matching suit that was my size, etc, it was a hand-me-down). I argued that I saw little difference between a men's wearhouse suit that is brand new for $300 dollars, or a thrift store suit for $15 dollars that is from the same manufacturer. I have been repeatedly told that this is not the case. While I would absolutely love to use the thrift store suits if possible, I have said several times that I will buy what I need to. So if I /must/ have the quality of the Men's Wearhouse suit, I will have it. If it is possible for me to get said quality for a cheaper price, I will.

I understand I have to buy some things which are more expensive than the absolute minimum I could get for something. For example, buying something cheap that lasts one year, or buying something that costs twice the price (but does the same function) that lasts for 5 years. It's the same thing here. My only objection is that the price of the suit seems to go up dramatically for very little return on quality. If I can find a 1 or 2 year old thrift store suit that was originally sold in the Men's Wearhouse and some person gave to the salvation army for $15, I'm likely going to take it, even if it wears out after only 2 or 3 years, rather than the full 5 of the new suit simply because the price is far cheaper having to buy a thrift-store suit every 2 years, as opposed to every 5.

Just trying to find the deals, not make myself look like a stingy bastard.
Mr. Verbosity!

dr_draino

« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2004, 07:52:15 PM »
1)  I can't believe how long the discussion of verbosity's suit choice has continued considering he's not even looking to start law school until fall of 2006 or 2007.

2)  The deal with a suit is it needs to be tailored...buy a suit at MW or any dept. store and this will include custon himming of pants/sleeves.  If you need a little tuck here or relief there, they charge minimal.  You would probably spend significantly more to get the Thrift Store suit altered than you actually paid for it.

3)  But who cares?  As long as any of the suits looks better than the Cosby sweater, you're in good shape  ;)

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2004, 08:19:57 PM »
He is starting Fall 2007. He goes to Eastern Michigan. His major is now History after giving up on Biology. He currently has one A- in Genetics that he is pissed about and a 3.92 overall GPA. He wants to work in BIGLAW for a couple of years to pay off his loans. He was a slacker his Junior year because of a depression. He has a weird roomate. He hates ramen noodles. He doesn't like the term "pre-med". He loves doing research. His mom doesn't make much money. He is 5'11. He is frugal. He has a cool sweather.

I am a freak bored out of my mind.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2004, 08:28:25 PM »

We know.

Verbosity

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 117686925
    • MSN Messenger - Pikeman85@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Pikeman852003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2004, 09:48:27 PM »
He is starting Fall 2007. He goes to Eastern Michigan. His major is now History after giving up on Biology. He currently has one A- in Genetics that he is pissed about and a 3.92 overall GPA. He wants to work in BIGLAW for a couple of years to pay off his loans. He was a slacker his Junior year because of a depression. He has a weird roomate. He hates ramen noodles. He doesn't like the term "pre-med". He loves doing research. His mom doesn't make much money. He is 5'11. He is frugal. He has a cool sweather.

That's nearly perfect, and damn freaky too. There's a few problems with it though. I haven't officially changed my major yet, my overall ISN'T 3.92, my GPA for this semester at the moment is 3.94. I wasn't really a slacker so much as too depressed to leave my bed (i.e. had no will to live). The rest is pretty much correct, though lab work is a bit tedious (part of the reason I'm leaving biology).

But yea, please don't stalk me anymore.
Mr. Verbosity!

buster

« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2004, 09:49:44 PM »
Yoooou female dog!

;) :D ::)

3)  But who cares?  As long as any of the suits looks better than the Cosby sweater, you're in good shape  ;)

futurejd20

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2004, 10:11:34 PM »
Yeah, I believe your GPA last year was a 3.2. Was my height estimation correct? Btw, why were you depressed if I may ask?

Damn I seriously got to quit this board............