Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do you really want to go to law school?  (Read 11994 times)

dr_draino

Re: Do you really want to go to law school?
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2004, 02:23:56 PM »
I swear Verbosity is testing my patience at being a decent human being...am I the only one whose biting my tongue to the point of bleeding over the most obvious comment to make regarding his choice in suits?

buster

« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2004, 02:25:37 PM »
Is it Cosby-sweater-related, by any chance?

I swear Verbosity is testing my patience at being a decent human being...am I the only one whose biting my tongue to the point of bleeding over the most obvious comment to make regarding his choice in suits?

dr_draino

« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2004, 02:26:48 PM »
Is it Cosby-sweater-related, by any chance?

Of course it is...

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2004, 02:28:44 PM »
wait a minute, you just told me to back off...  wtf?

dr_draino

« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2004, 02:31:02 PM »
wait a minute, you just told me to back off...  wtf?

I tried...and then he returns to set himself up...

No man is that kind.  Besides, I'm a bastard, I can do as I please. 

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2004, 02:33:19 PM »
if you insist

BTW, my last suit was ~$600 and I feel I went too cheap, but damn do I look good in it...

Verbosity

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 117686925
    • MSN Messenger - Pikeman85@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Pikeman852003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »
I'm not trying to test anyone's patience. Remember, I didn't grow up with many people wearing suits, or advising me on anything like that. I may have book smarts, but I'm sure as hell not very street smart, so I have absolutely no clue.

To me, it seems like a gigantic money sink which isn't necessary. I may be saying the equivalent of "Lets go eat some babies!" to people in the professional world. I don't know these things. Call me ignorant.  :'(
Mr. Verbosity!

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2004, 05:38:01 PM »
I'm not trying to test anyone's patience. Remember, I didn't grow up with many people wearing suits, or advising me on anything like that. I may have book smarts, but I'm sure as hell not very street smart, so I have absolutely no clue.

To me, it seems like a gigantic money sink which isn't necessary. I may be saying the equivalent of "Lets go eat some babies!" to people in the professional world. I don't know these things. Call me ignorant.  :'(

Verbosity, you seem really sweet.  I don't want to be mean, but I do think you're being very persistent about your position without understanding the real differences.  This is what I recommend...

Go to Men's Wearhouse or some other men's store and act like you're going to buy a really nice suit.  Tell the salesman you're looking for a suit that is fitting for a lawyer at a big-name law firm. 

Once you're in the suit, wear it for a bit.  Look at yourself in the mirror.  Notice how it fits your neck and shoulders perfectly with no gap at the back of the neck.  See how it makes you look.  Feel the fabric.  Notice the quality of the details like button holes and pockets.  When you've had enough, thank the guy and tell him you'll think about it.

Now, go to your thrift store and try on your $15 suit.  See if you notice a difference.

After you've done this, come back here and tell us what you've decided.  If you still think the suit from the thrift store is great, at least you'll know you made a fully informed decision.

Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2004, 05:47:30 PM »
He also has to go do that at Armani to make a fully informed decision.

alibami_z

• Sr. Citizen
  • Law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2004, 05:50:53 PM »
I really want to go to law school.  I want to make enough money that I can afford quality clothing, cars, vacations, meals...Oh, wait.  My husband makes enough money for all of this so I don't even need to work.

I still really want to go to law school.  I want to do something meaningful and enjoyable.  I've already had good-paying jobs that sucked.  I want a job that will be interesting, challenging, and worthwhile.

I believe the law school brochures' propaganda!!!!!!
Georgetown University Law Center
Class of 2008