Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do you really want to go to law school?  (Read 12068 times)

Laura

• View Profile
Re: Do you really want to go to law school?
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2004, 10:27:06 AM »
I think you completely missed my point.  You wouldn't want rice for dinner all year.  You'd want to try a variety of great restaurants, new dishes at home, etc.  Just because you can save a bunch of money doesn't mean you'd actually enjoy it.  Do yourself a favor every once in a while.  Someone who thinks they would be just fine in a $15 suit obviously hasn't tried something a little nicer (and I don't mean $3k nicer).  I thought the Men's Wearhouse suggestion was much more reasonable.

DCLONE

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2004, 10:49:23 AM »
From 'Catch Me if you Can'-

Frank Abagnale Sr. :You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
Frank Abagnale, Jr. : 'Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
Frank Abagnale Sr. : No, it's 'cause the other teams can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes.
'My name is B-rad...not Robbie van Winkle. I like my lattes non-fat and don't fo-get the sprinkle!!!!'

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2004, 11:39:11 AM »
verb man, you're gonna end up on the back cover of the phonebook one day aren't you

dr_draino

« Reply #193 on: November 08, 2004, 12:01:56 PM »
Give the poor guy a break already.  He's 19 or 20 and he's in college.  He needs to be cheap.  When I was 19 or 20 I'd have thought spending money on a suit was a waste too (because that would have been beer and CD money wasted...).  I brought up the topic just to try to let the general LSD population that thinks they're going to be miserly to reassess the reality of those statements, as few people actually stick to them.  Verbosity does in fact appear to be one of the few that will actually stick to a strict budget and more power to him if that's his choice.  The same way I don't want people calling me a selfish bastard for wanting nice things I'm sure he's getting tired of being called a cheap bastard for choosing his lifesyle.  Sorry to have opened this whole can of worms Verb.

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 08, 2004, 01:09:37 PM »
draino, you're a selfish materialistic bastard who thinks only of Northeastern and which bbq place your next meal is going to come from.  you brought this up on purpose and now you're trying to play the nice guy and pretend you didn't help throw Verbmeister to the lions.  I hope you're happy...

dr_draino

« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2004, 02:04:48 PM »
draino, you're a selfish materialistic bastard who thinks only of Northeastern and which bbq place your next meal is going to come from.  you brought this up on purpose and now you're trying to play the nice guy and pretend you didn't help throw Verbmeister to the lions.  I hope you're happy...

I am...because you know what I can have for dinner to night if I so choose?  You got it...

lexylit

« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2004, 02:11:16 PM »
cheap people are getting on my nerves this week b/c i went out sat. night with a bunch of people, all grad students, and when the check came i threw in extra b/c i figured we'd be short. in the end we were so far short that i put it on my credit card and took the cash. my own total was about $15 and i ended up paying $40. (this is after, of course, i stocked my apt with all kinds of alcohol and snacks for them.)

blah

buster

« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2004, 02:14:15 PM »
nobody uses "blah" more expressively than you, lexy

cheap people are getting on my nerves this week b/c i went out sat. night with a bunch of people, all grad students, and when the check came i threw in extra b/c i figured we'd be short. in the end we were so far short that i put it on my credit card and took the cash. my own total was about $15 and i ended up paying $40. (this is after, of course, i stocked my apt with all kinds of alcohol and snacks for them.)

blah

Verbosity

• Sr. Citizen
    • ICQ Messenger - 117686925
    • MSN Messenger - Pikeman85@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Pikeman852003
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2004, 02:21:23 PM »
I'm not always cheap about everything! :P

I just try to save a dollar (or several thousand)

I still remain unconvinced that a nearly brand new suit at a thrift store is far inferior in quality to one bought at men's wearhouse when completely brand new. It's not like the thrift store suits are made by different manufacturers, they're just pre-used.
Mr. Verbosity!

TheDecline

« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2004, 02:22:40 PM »
Yeah, but it doesn't have that new car smell.