Law School Discussion

Do I have enough time?

Re: Do I have enough time?
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 03:32:15 PM »
OK, I got it.  Make sure I study the dead logic games.  Got it.  No problem.

Whats a dead logic game?

zpops

• Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 05:02:21 PM »
There are several types of logic games which were once common on the test, but were not seen for at least 5 years.  Then, starting with the May administration in 2003, they started putting these "outdated" games back on the test.  Examples of these types include round taqble sequencing (in which you have to place objects in a circular pattern), map games (where you need to determine routes from one location on a fictional "map" to another), and some other types, the names of which escape me now.  Bascially, there are 4 of them, they're only found on older tests, and they're ususally ignored in test prep courses and books.

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 08:51:08 PM »
Thanks zpops. I assume that if they are being ignored in the books that the only way to study them is through the old LSAT's from way back when?

zpops

• View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 08:57:55 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty much the only way.  None of them areovertly difficult, but the last thing you want to be doing on the test is trying to figure out how to draw your diagram. . .  The resurgence of these games can actually be a tremendous advantage to you, since with enough study you can correctly answer questions most people will struggle with.

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2004, 06:24:06 PM »
Thanks zpops. I assume that if they are being ignored in the books that the only way to study them is through the old LSAT's from way back when?

Depends on the book, I think. The LG Bible has a chapter that covers those round games and it mentioned in there that they could come back. I don't know about any other game types that are "old" like that!

zpops

• View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2004, 07:53:12 PM »
the dead game types are round table sequencing, map games, spatial, and process.  I had typed up a list of all the tests that had them for you guys yesterday, but then the post timed out, and I lost what i typed. . .

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2004, 05:26:28 AM »
zpops,
you said "your first practice test". what is a first practice test, is it the first test exam you take after covering your prep-books, or the one you take before even buying a prep book. I guess taking a diagnostic test without studying the logic games would be a waste. 'cause you wouldn't even know how to approach those questions.

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2004, 09:11:20 AM »
the dead game types are round table sequencing, map games, spatial, and process.  I had typed up a list of all the tests that had them for you guys yesterday, but then the post timed out, and I lost what i typed. . .

Wha? Your fingers broke and you can't retype? ;)  Do it quicker this time.  We will only buy the timed out excuse once....

How about "Pretty please"?

zpops

• View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 10:23:16 AM »
My first practice test was a test I went into totally cold.  I didn't even know what the sections on thee test were!

I'll retype the list for you guys in a little bit, becuase it really will be helpful.  If you can find someone else who took kaplan, and can get them to type up the list for you instead, I'd appreciae it, otherwise I'll do it.