Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got accepted to Georgetown!!!  (Read 21643 times)

PsychJK

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Just got accepted to Georgetown!!!
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2004, 05:57:15 PM »
Congrats!  I'm also wondering - what area of the U.S. do you live in?  I hope this is just the first of many acceptances for ya!
Accepted: GULC, Duke, USC, NYU, UPenn, UVA, UMich, Cornell, Notre Dame, Vandy, UChicago
Pending:Columbia
Deferred: HLS

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=PsychJK

AmberGale

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2004, 07:11:12 PM »
 Congratulations!!  That's wonderful... I got my ED application in to GULC on Oct. 31 (but LSDAS hasn't processed my report request yet  >:( ) ... I think I'll probably be towards the Dec. 10 notification date. Although with my LSAT, I was not so confident, but if you feel your LSAT was low and still got in, I have hope!

PS -  I'm new to the board; it's nice to find one where most of the people are nice and supportive!
Georgetown or bust!

Muppet

• "And we'll pass and be forgotten with the rest..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2004, 07:17:03 PM »
I just got my acceptance letter too!  It seems they were mailed out Nov 1 in SMALL WHITE ENVELOPES.  Don't freak out if the letter you get isn't a freakin' care package.
Stanford '08.  Fo' shizzle.

SheLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2004, 07:24:08 PM »
I live in VA (about 3 hrs from DC) so that's why I got it so quick.  I just looked at the calendar and submitted my app exactly 3 weeks 6 days ago (Oct 8 ), so the rest of you should be hearing soon I think.  

And thanks everyone for the congratulations.  :D  At this pt, I almost don't care about school and am struggling to stay focused!  I couldn't even focus in class today because I was so excited.  ;D    
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

lexylit

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2004, 07:32:14 PM »
I just got my acceptance letter too!  It seems they were mailed out Nov 1 in SMALL WHITE ENVELOPES.  Don't freak out if the letter you get isn't a freakin' care package.

ohmigosh, i'm freaking out over our twin numbers  :D

congratulations!!!!!!

jon

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2004, 07:36:44 PM »
SheLaw, congrats.  Where in Virginia?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2004, 07:39:43 PM »
i'm very nice to office services. i sent them all halloween cards.

also i just went down to the little deli like i do 1-2x/week to get a salad and when i walked in the woman said "oh, it's you! we were just talking about you! where's julio? juuuuliooooo...."

so i was kinda  :-[

(sorry all for hijacking this thread slightly.  okay, more than slightly.)

julio?  i don't get it.

finding number twins is fun  :D  looks like a good sign for lexy!
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

lexylit

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2004, 07:41:21 PM »
well muppet's gpa is a 10th of a point higher. but i'm over it 'cause my grad gpa was like 3.97 even though no one cares. in general, it's just nice to see 168ers getting in places. yay 168ers club!  :-*

adverseeffect

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2004, 08:02:42 PM »
for the love, what is the good of having a status check website if it does not get updated "once every 24 hours"?  mine since it hasn't been updated since 8:32 AM on november 2.

lexylit

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2004, 08:07:05 PM »
for the love, what is the good of having a status check website if it does not get updated "once every 24 hours"?  mine since it hasn't been updated since 8:32 AM on november 2.

i think the above post that said someone got accepted and the online report wasn't updated til weeks later (do i misremember? shouldve scrolled back up) proves you shouldn't bother checking and re-checking that site.