Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got accepted to Georgetown!!!  (Read 22495 times)

KittenWithStix

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Just got accepted to Georgetown!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2004, 04:51:50 PM »
Congrats!  Very exciting!
DING! Ok, Peruna, back to the barn....

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2004, 04:53:27 PM »
congrats to both of you then!

i wonder if i'll have anything when i get home.  some LS's have 2-day turnarounds (including delivery time), right?   :-\
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

NYBound05

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »
Congrats SHELAW!!!   :D  Now get off LSD and go somewhere and celebrate!

vmersich

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2004, 05:03:21 PM »
Congratulations.  Now start looking for a decent affordable place in DC, because it will take about a year.  :)

I can't believe I haven't even taken the LSAT yet.

lexylit

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2004, 05:06:35 PM »
congrats to both of you then!

i wonder if i'll have anything when i get home.  some LS's have 2-day turnarounds (including delivery time), right?   :-\

pookie, if you submitted your app on monday, you might not have a decision this afternoon, but it could come late this evening. you should be sure to check your mail at 5, 6, 7, and 8 pm, as well as several times during the night. i heard some kids on xoxo say the got accepted to georgetown and yale at 3 am and 5 am, respectively.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2004, 05:12:25 PM »
 ;D  lexy's the best!

i asked my bf last night whether it would be possible to get a webcam inside our mailbox.  he said yes, since they have wireless ones.  i said i wanted it inside the mailbox with a little light (like a flash) that i control, so i can check the contents from work.  he said he could put one on our deck, overlooking the mailboxes, so i'd see when the mailman comes and whether he's putting real mail in our box.  i pointed out that then i'd have to sit there staring at the page all day, otherwise i might miss the mailman and not know.  and he said that there's a webcam that automatically e-mails you when there's activity!  omg, how cool is that?  now i want one  :D
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

lexylit

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2004, 05:36:13 PM »
my dad tried to get me a webcam last year for talking to my mom from stanford, but luckily it wasnt osx compatible so i made him return it. i thought it might be a little intense. "sweetie, you look hungover. or did you just put on weight?"

meanwhile, my responses will come at work, so do i tell the mailroom people why i'm freaking out? and why are there multiple delivery times during the day?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2004, 05:39:34 PM »
my dad tried to get me a webcam last year for talking to my mom from stanford, but luckily it wasnt osx compatible so i made him return it. i thought it might be a little intense. "sweetie, you look hungover. or did you just put on weight?"

meanwhile, my responses will come at work, so do i tell the mailroom people why i'm freaking out? and why are there multiple delivery times during the day?

if you've been nice to them (which i would think you would be), i say tell them.  with a box of chocolates and a request to bring law school stuff to you right away  ;D

lexylit

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2004, 05:50:36 PM »
i'm very nice to office services. i sent them all halloween cards.

also i just went down to the little deli like i do 1-2x/week to get a salad and when i walked in the woman said "oh, it's you! we were just talking about you! where's julio? juuuuliooooo...."

so i was kinda  :-[

KANVIS

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2004, 05:56:02 PM »
I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAHOOOOOOOOO ;D