Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got accepted to Georgetown!!!  (Read 22508 times)

Regal_Muse

Re: Just got accepted to Georgetown!!!
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2004, 12:47:21 AM »
I haven't heard from Georgetown Yet...Hmmmmmm. Most of the law schools told me that I probably won't start hearing anything until December..Hmmmmmmmm

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2004, 03:10:13 AM »
regal, i thought you and i applied around the same time, no?  it's been three weeks for me.  i'm not expecting anything yet.  i haven't even had my gtown status change to "complete" yet.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

NYKnicks

« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2004, 11:02:10 AM »
regal, i thought you and i applied around the same time, no?  it's been three weeks for me.  i'm not expecting anything yet.  i haven't even had my gtown status change to "complete" yet.

That is actually odd, I sent it in 2 weeks ago and I have been complete for a few days now. They must be doing it in some whacked order.

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2004, 11:21:46 AM »
I transmitted mine electronically on 10/29 and it was "complete" a few days ago.

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2004, 09:05:41 PM »
Ahhhh - Regal, looking ever your namesake - glad to see your smiling avatar back on my favorite thread :)

Regal_Muse

« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2004, 09:38:23 PM »
 :-* @Miguel....

You know what, I just realized that I shouldn't expecting anything from Georgetown anytime soon b/c I didn't apply ED or EA....Oh well. My eyes are set on Yale anyway. Congrats on all the people who got accepted, I know you feel tons of relief.

AmberGale

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2004, 09:57:55 PM »

Okay folks, today is Monday!!  Good luck to everyone that might get letters this week! I've come to the conclusion that my numbers aren't high enough to hear anytime soon, so I'm living vicariously through ya'll! ;D  If by some miracle I were to get a letter, then it would be a happy surprise. 

It's still interesting to me that they have only sent acceptances so far. It seems that there would be at least some applications that they know are a 'no' already (not that I'm wishing this on anyone!!), especially if they truly go by rolling admissions. At the admissions session I attended they said that they review an application and make a decision and then move on to the next. If that were true, then a lot more people should have received letters by now.

Let's get this show on the road, GULC!  :D

Georgetown or bust!

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2004, 10:16:41 PM »
i know this is totally not exciting on the "just got accepted to gtown" thread, but i'm complete now!  weee!!!  i wasn't on friday, so it definitely happened today.  good stuff.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

markabar

• View Profile
    • Email
any idea georgetown updates
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2004, 09:25:38 AM »

for those of you who got into gulc, ed, part time or full, can u please tell me if the application status is an indicator of acceptence, e.g. if decision came up or just complete, does it make a difference? any feedback would help, thanks

Mark

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: any idea georgetown updates
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2004, 11:23:51 AM »

for those of you who got into gulc, ed, part time or full, can u please tell me if the application status is an indicator of acceptence, e.g. if decision came up or just complete, does it make a difference? any feedback would help, thanks

Mark

It is not an indicator.  It took them 2 weeks after I received my letter for them to update my file to decision.  Even though it says it was last updated today, that does not mean your file was actually updated.