Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What Do You Think About Online Law School  (Read 3632 times)

SWM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Think About Online Law School
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 09:09:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you.  My first attempt at undergrad didn't go so well either.  I was rather immature and I was ultimately dismissed from the university after 3 semesters.  However, after a 5 year hiatus, I turned it around completely. I transferred to another institution, attended full time for another three years and graduated Magna Cum Laude with a double major in history and philosophy. I'm still kicking myself for be being young and dumb; I have a 3.71 degree granting GPA (103 credits) and a 2.95 CUM.  On a good note, I've been able to put a pretty good spin on my turn around in my academic addendum. Perhaps you can explain away the F's with an accademic addendum; i know that most schools require such addendums for applicants who have either been placed on academic probation or dismissed from school.  Moreover, the fact that you've been out of school and successfull in buisness for so long may render your GPA less relevent. I would guess that your LSAT score is your ticket to ride.  Study Hard.   
Yes I really need to do well on that test next week. If I were in my 20s I would be like "oh well, I w'l try again next year" but I dont want to wait. And with PACE as my only option, things arfe not looking so optimistic. But hey you never know. I think I will pay the $10.00 to phone in to get my score early so I know where I stand. My practice tests have ranged from 145 to 159 so I am not sure how I will fare for real. What about you? what has your practice scores been like

My real deal LSAT from Feb/2004 is a 157.  I prepped with the powerscore logic games bible and with 20 actual tests from the 2 volume "10 official LSAT" books which were  published by the LSAC. I was scoring consistently in the low-mid 160's; however, when i took the thing for real, i couldn't concentrate for the first 4-5 minutes of the first section. I was stuck on the first question, re-reading that question faster than i could comprehend before i realized that my "race against the clock" mentality would only ensure my failure.  I closed my eyes, counted to ten, relaxed, and the rest was history.  I ended up rushing to finish the first section, which i didn't.  I wish i could have had those 4-5 minutes back.  I was hoping for at least a 160 - I see that number as a "magic bullet" - and those 4-5 minutes may have made the difference in obtaining my goal.  157 is a tough number: i know i can do better, but there is always the possibility I could do worse.  It is good enough to get me most anywhere i want to go. If I had scored a 150 or even a 154, I would have re-taken in a heartbeat, but 157 seems just enough to justify not taking the exam again.  Moreover, It wasn't the most pleasant experience, and i was glad that it was over.   I assume that your prep test history has an upward trend to 159.  My advice to you is get a good night sleep and don't psyche yourself out before the exam     

bobkoff

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2005, 09:12:50 PM »
Well I will try my bestfor PACE and if I dont get in then I will do Concord Online.........

SWM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005, 10:02:11 PM »
Good Luck Bobkoff, I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

SWM

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2005, 02:13:16 PM »
Well I will try my bestfor PACE and if I dont get in then I will do Concord Online.........

So how did it go?