Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: December retake?  (Read 1060 times)

CpPrep16

• View Profile
    • Email
December retake?
« on: November 02, 2004, 10:11:11 PM »
Should I retake the lsat this December? I got a 153 in October when I was averaging 160-161 in my practice tests, I don't know whether to just apply early (right now) and maybe increase my chances or retake it and apply then. I'm afraid that I'll score the same thing (test anxiety) or only a few points higher not making much of a difference and then have to apply later decreasing my chances. Please advise on what to do?  ??? 

shiveringjenny

Re: December retake?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 12:36:24 AM »
the question is whether or not you are actively doing something to be better prepared for the dec test. if you're just sitting around idly hoping that you'll somehow score higher, i'd suggest you not retake. however, if you are studying your ass off right now by all means retake. you really can make some significant gains in one month by adhering to a strict regimen designed to improve your score.

ScurvyWench

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:23:58 AM »
I'm in the same situation but I decided not to retake. I never do well on standardized tests on actual test day--no matter how much I practice. If you are the same, don't bother. If you really think you can score 160+ then go for it. Applying in December with a better score will only improve your chances, not hurt them. Wait until you have the strongest possible application and a month or two will make no difference.

mrdino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 04:02:41 AM »
i agree, and most likely test anxiety will pose much less of a burden the second time around... at least if you believe that that'll be the case