Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Washington, anyone else applying there?  (Read 2298 times)

ant

University of Washington, anyone else applying there?
« on: November 02, 2004, 04:00:23 PM »
Is anybody here applying there? I'm from Seattle and love it so it's kind of a top choice for me, despite low ranking. As an aside, doesn't it seem that their numbers are a little high for such a low ranking? Also, On chirasu or whatever that thing is called, it gives me a 50% chance of getting in w/ 3.617/167, that seemed a little low to me. Does anyone know much about how their admissions work?

AaronJ

Re: University of Washington, anyone else applying there?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 04:08:06 PM »
The ranking is biased.  Last year (or the year before) a secretary or someone at UW released incomplete employement statistics for new grads.  Instead of something in the high 90's US News got 70%!!  This caused them to tumble from a perenially top 25 ranking into the 30's.  UW vows to get its ranking back but realizes that the process is "sticky" since schools have had there reps boosted on blunder made by the university.

btw- I am from Bellingham and I will be applying there.

Cletus

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 04:12:09 PM »
I am applying there but have no idea how their admissions process works. I know they are taking their sweet time requesting reports. Frick. Their application deadline is 15 January, which is also supposedly when they start looking at applications. I hope they unofficially begin looking earlier. Anyone know more?

Garbled

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 04:13:07 PM »
The ranking is biased.  Last year (or the year before) a secretary or someone at UW released incomplete employement statistics for new grads.  Instead of something in the high 90's US News got 70%!!  This caused them to tumble from a perenially top 25 ranking into the 30's.  UW vows to get its ranking back but realizes that the process is "sticky" since schools have had there reps boosted on blunder made by the university.

btw- I am from Bellingham and I will be applying there.

I'm from Bellingham too, born and raised. Just got my MBA from WWU. The PNW is nice if you don't mind the rain...

AaronJ

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 04:13:59 PM »
A lot of the big schools, though they may request your app early, wont consider taking very many people before the December writers have had an opportunity to get their apps in.  I am personally thankfull for this since I am taking the test in December.

AaronJ

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 04:15:06 PM »

I'm from Bellingham too, born and raised. Just got my MBA from WWU. The PNW is nice if you don't mind the rain...

Really?  I might know or recognize you since I spend a lot of time in Parks.  In fact, I'm in the lab right now.

Garbled

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 04:15:46 PM »
I am applying there but have no idea how there admissions process works. I know they are taking their sweet time requesting reports. Frick. Their application deadline is 15 January, which is also supposedly when they start looking at applications. I hope they unofficially begin looking earlier. Anyone know more?

They do not look at apps sooner, i know that for a fact. There is nothing you can do and no advantage to applying early. Just chill. Call or email the law school if you have questions, they are very prompt and helpful.

Garbled

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 04:17:06 PM »

Really?  I might know or recognize you since I spend a lot of time in Parks.  In fact, I'm in the lab right now.

Yep. Parks Hall, the ugliest building on campus. Let me guess, you are in the lab on the 2nd floor... :)

AaronJ

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 04:18:45 PM »
Yep. Parks Hall, the ugliest building on campus. Let me guess, you are in the lab on the 2nd floor... :)

I would call it the ugliest especially when you have ES and Arntzen right next door.

Garbled

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 04:24:23 PM »

I would call it the ugliest especially when you have ES and Arntzen right next door.

You mean wouldn't, correct. Most of the other building on campus have the brick theme going - what happened with Parks, ES, and Arntzen?!? The new journalism building started the brick thing again, so who knows?

I live a couple blocks off campus and take an LSAT in Wilson Library most every day, and have to swing by and get some LOR's from MBA faculy soon. What are you studying up there? I worked as a grad assistant last year; the faculty is pretty cool.