Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Washington, anyone else applying there?  (Read 2227 times)

AaronJ

Re: University of Washington, anyone else applying there?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 04:38:57 PM »
You mean wouldn't, correct. Most of the other building on campus have the brick theme going - what happened with Parks, ES, and Arntzen?!? The new journalism building started the brick thing again, so who knows?

I live a couple blocks off campus and take an LSAT in Wilson Library most every day, and have to swing by and get some LOR's from MBA faculy soon. What are you studying up there? I worked as a grad assistant last year; the faculty is pretty cool.

Wouldnt, yes.  I just moved over to the communications lab because the computers in Parks suck, still (they only put new moniters in).  The faculty is definetly great.  You must have had Fewings and Krieg.  Krieg is bar far the best at explaining concepts I have ever seen (and is just a cool guy) and Fewings, while widely hated, is writing me an LOR. 

I'll actually be around late preparing a presentation for Fin. 449 (Fewings) with a friend.  Financial Economics major.

Garbled

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004, 04:46:43 PM »
You mean wouldn't, correct. Most of the other building on campus have the brick theme going - what happened with Parks, ES, and Arntzen?!? The new journalism building started the brick thing again, so who knows?

I live a couple blocks off campus and take an LSAT in Wilson Library most every day, and have to swing by and get some LOR's from MBA faculy soon. What are you studying up there? I worked as a grad assistant last year; the faculty is pretty cool.

Wouldnt, yes.  I just moved over to the communications lab because the computers in Parks suck, still (they only put new moniters in).  The faculty is definetly great.  You must have had Fewings and Krieg.  Krieg is bar far the best at explaining concepts I have ever seen (and is just a cool guy) and Fewings, while widely hated, is writing me an LOR. 

I'll actually be around late preparing a presentation for Fin. 449 (Fewings) with a friend.  Financial Economics major.

Hmmm... never had either of those in the MBA program. My undergrad is CS, and it isn't from WWU. My wife is an econ minor, so she probably knows all of those faculty better than I.

Sent you a PM too.

AaronJ

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004, 04:49:04 PM »
Hmmm... never had either of those in the MBA program. My undergrad is CS, and it isn't from WWU. My wife is an econ minor, so she probably knows all of those faculty better than I.

Sent you a PM too.

I am suprised you were able to avoid both of them.  Krieg teaches macro to MBA's and Fewings teaches corporate fin. stuff.  If your wife is an econ major there is a good chance I have had classes with her.  She's probably an aquantance.

Garbled

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004, 04:58:46 PM »

Sent you a PM too.

I am suprised you were able to avoid both of them.  Krieg teaches macro to MBA's and Fewings teaches corporate fin. stuff.  If your wife is an econ major there is a good chance I have had classes with her.  She's probably an aquantance.

Ah... i think i had Nelson for macro and Benson for finance. Benson is a pretty strange guy.

You should think about an MBA - you can get it in a year (accelerated) at WWU with your undergrad business degree. Its not a great school, but its an MBA for not much work.

ant

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004, 07:16:49 PM »

Sprint re: looking at apps early

When they do look at apps after the 15th, they must still look at them in order rec'd right? or is there absolutely no benefit to early application? that would be great, 'cause LSAC seems determined to take their sweet time getting anything done on my file.

ghostpirate

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 02:28:15 PM »

AaronJ

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 08:07:39 PM »
I may apply to UW this year but I'm waiting to hear back from other schools first.  I'm pleased they don't look at applications early; that way there is no harm in waiting to hear back from other places.  In all likelihood, though, if I apply there, it will be next year and it will be because I got rejected from various T14's this year and next year.
I am a Bellinghomie myself, and went to Sehome.  I took a couple classes at Western years ago, and of course it's a great school.  UW is very tempting to me because of its low cost and the fact that it is a really great school in a city I like.

I audited a contracts class one day last winter taught by Steve Callindrillo (sp?).  I was inspired to say the least.  If the rest of their faculty is anything like him, I'd be pretty much sold on going there.  I am going down to check out another class soon.

btw-I am glad to see Bellingham people on this board.  We need to unite and excercise our overall superior level of, well, everything.