Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lsac gpa  (Read 1131 times)

DOC

• View Profile
lsac gpa
« on: November 02, 2004, 10:50:08 AM »
does it take lsac a while to calculate the adjusted gpa even after they recieve it?  i recieved confirmation about a week ago that lsac recieved my transcript, but when i go to check the status of my transcript under my lsadas account i just see the exact same degree gpa, and i can't find any adjusted lsdas gpa.  am i just looking in the wrong place?   ???

NYKnicks

Re: lsac gpa
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 10:52:51 AM »
Maybe after their adjustments is turned out to be the same. Your undergrad probably had a grading system similar to LSAC.

DOC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 11:41:17 PM »
thanks...that's what i thought it might be, but i know that at my school A+ only equals a 4.0 (not 4.3) and that A- = 3.7 (not 3.66) and B+ = 3.3 (not 3.33) so i thought it would be highly unlikely that they'd be the same.

can anyone specifically tell me where you have to navigate in your lsac account to find your lsdas gpa?  i looked in the Academic Summary Report but it only shows my undergrad degree gpa, and not my lsdas gpa.  or at least i can't find my lsdas gpa on it.  ???

thanks...

kristay

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 11:54:22 PM »
Just so you know, even if your grading scale is slightly different, you could still have the same gpa in the end...

UCSB has the same grading scale as you do, and a couple of my friends had the exact same GPA after LSAC recalculated it.  If your number of + equals the number of -, you're going to end up with the same GPA.

LN135

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:10:50 AM »
And so you know, you are indeed looking in the right place.  The only thing they show in your academic summary report is their version of your GPA, not your school's version.  If you're really curious, and if you're as anal as I am, you can calculate it yourself using the values they give you on their site.  (I did this in advance so I would know if they screwed it up...)