Law School Discussion

Re: What do you send to increase your chances?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2005, 05:22:31 AM »
anyone ever hear the story about the student who mailed in a shoe with his application? "Now that I've got my foot in the door"...

I think it was to Cornell...lol :D

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2005, 06:00:17 AM »
And that was for undergrad.

Cutsy stuff might work for undergrad, as making a "video essay" is seen as terribly creative and witty for a 17 year old.  They expect a bit more from us college grads, apparently.

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2005, 07:20:47 AM »
anyone ever hear the story about the student who mailed in a shoe with his application? "Now that I've got my foot in the door"...

Dont remember what schools it was, but I heard that the admissions directors talked to eachother about it and found out the student did the same thing to another school. One of the directors sent both shoes back together in one box with a rejection letter....that's gotta hurt a bit.

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2005, 12:29:51 PM »
lol. yeah, i think i read that in the law school confidential book.
great stuff.

jas9999

• Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2005, 03:37:19 PM »
fwiw, when i got my w/l notification from fordham, i didn't do a thing. no emails, no calls, nothing. i basically forgot about it until i got the email that i was in.

vickymaz

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 11:16:11 AM »

Dont remember what schools it was, but I heard that the admissions directors talked to eachother about it and found out the student did the same thing to another school. One of the directors sent both shoes back together in one box with a rejection letter....that's gotta hurt a bit.

Yeah, that story was in Law School Confidential. The woman sent a shoe to both UC Davis and Hastings, and the adcomms (who were friends) considered sending them to their other adcomm friend at UCLA (I think) and having him send them both back to her, but they didn't (to prevent "psychological damage", as the book put it). hehe

aday

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 01:29:15 PM »
This is a dumb question but what is "T14?"