I'm also interested in schools in California and also I'm definitely set about practicing there.
Here is my list so far:
I have USC on the bottom of the list b/c tuition is twice as much. I am currently in Texas and I'm a consultant. I don't plan on going to law school until another 3-4 years. But my company can transfer me to LA and I can become state resident within 1 year to get into any of the UC schools.
My questions to anybody in this thread:
1. Are there any other schools within reach worth considering within California? (Besides Stanford and Berkley..reach schools)
2. Should USC be higher in my ranking? If so, where?
3. Is USC better because its a private school? and tuition is twice as much..does that mean students should be of a higher breed?
4. I graduated with a 3.51 GPA and I was a double business major. Lots of leadship roles. Also with consulting experience, I have client engagement skills. My university is widely recognized in my city, but not nationally. If I did well on my LSAT, would my undergraduate university affect law school's decision? especially UCLA's?
5. Does the UC schools prefer in state students over out of state?
Thank you folks.