Law School Discussion

Got a fat envelope from UVA in the mail today.

!@#$%

• View Profile
Got a fat envelope from UVA in the mail today.
« on: November 01, 2004, 06:19:13 PM »
I nearly flipped out until I realized it was the College of Arts and Sciences asking for money.   :-[  The next couple of months are going to blow.

dominikasson

Re: Got a fat envelope from UVA in the mail today.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 06:42:19 PM »
that's no good- i was about to congratulate you/pull out my hair for even sending out apps yet...i'll save the congratulations for later i suppose :)

lexylit

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2004, 06:44:38 PM »
I nearly flipped out until I realized it was the College of Arts and Sciences asking for money.   :-[  The next couple of months are going to blow.

ick  :-\ i'm glad my UG doesn't have a law school b/c they've been sending me a lot of love since it was homecoming time. calendars and form letters and alum mags would flip me out if they came from someplace to which i was applying.

we lost to harvard by one, though  >:(

jaxon

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

o man, that sux, KG... dont worry though, you will get in there me thinks :)

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 11:57:38 AM »
We shall see.  After all, the Sox won the World Series, which proves that hell *can* freeze over.  Perhaps after election day maybe I can breathe a little easier about the odds of my UVA app not getting filed in the circular cabinet.

nlyang

• View Profile
    • my lsn data
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 12:00:57 PM »
USC has been a champ about sending big, useless packets.  The must spend tons of money on their promotional material.

jas9999

• Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 12:01:26 PM »
juat wait until february.

you come home, and see that fat envelope sticking out of the mailbox. you sprint towards it, discovering... yet another fee waiver from a third tier law school in a state you'd never live in.

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 12:01:43 PM »
We shall see.  After all, the Sox won the World Series, which proves that hell *can* freeze over.  Perhaps after election day maybe I can breathe a little easier about the odds of my UVA app not getting filed in the circular cabinet.

With that LSAT?  You're totally getting in, don't worry about it.  Especially since you're in-state (I assume).

ZAP

!@#$%

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 12:13:20 PM »
juat wait until february.

you come home, and see that fat envelope sticking out of the mailbox. you sprint towards it, discovering... yet another fee waiver from a third tier law school in a state you'd never live in.

I will use those envelopes to "beautify the park" when I walk my dog.   Then I will put them back in the mail marked Return to Sender.

ZAP, if Andrew starts his rating system, you'll get a 180 vote from me.  :-*

brothernads

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 01:33:09 PM »
Until UVA's online status check shows a decision has been sent, I ain't gonna worry about it!  ;D