Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston U vs. Vanderbilt  (Read 1793 times)

AJ

Boston U vs. Vanderbilt
« on: March 22, 2003, 08:42:16 AM »
I am trying to decide whether I want to go to school at BU or Vandy.  At this point I am strongly leaning towards going to Vandy, as it seems to have the stronger academic reputation and has a brand new facility.

Can anyone out there make a good argument that BU is a better choice?

I am not sure what kind of law I want to practice, though I am curious about entertainment and intellectual property law.  I also am interested in possibly teaching law someday, though I'm not sure what that would involve.

Thanks for any advice.

tim boston

Re: Boston U vs. Vanderbilt
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 02:06:51 AM »
I'm trying to make the same decision right now between BU and Vanderbilt.  I live in Boston and visted BU on Friday 3-11-2003.  I sat in on a contracts class.  The professor was very engaging.  An odd note was he sang a song about contracts at the end of class.  It was a little weird but the students really seemed to enjoy it.  The faculty seems to have a strong rating for its teaching skill and from this one class I could see why.  I'm trying to decide if I want to get out of Boston or not.  I'm paying my deposit at both schools.  I'm going to visit Vandy in a few weeks.  I know classes won't be in session but I have no idea how I would feel about living down South.  Also looking into U of Georgia as a cheaper alternative.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 06:31:42 PM »
That would be Professor Pettit.  He sings lots of songs in his contracts class - probably about once per week.

mike

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 06:34:54 PM »
I do not know anyone who attends Vanderbilt but I will say that I currently attend BUSL and I love it.  The professors are absolutely amazing.  They really care about teaching and if you take the time will really get to know you.

The one downfall of BUSL is the building.  However, that is a minor issue.  Therefore if you care about teaching, BU is the place.