Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone hear from Wisconsin lately?  (Read 746 times)

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anyone hear from Wisconsin lately?
« on: April 05, 2004, 12:18:26 PM »

Anyone hear from Wisconsin lately?

:o
Go Bush!  (8

Berggy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone hear from Wisconsin lately?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 01:01:57 PM »
No and I am really surprised. My application was in the second week of January and the admissions office was very good about sending me e-mails with updates as to my application status.

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 02:19:41 PM »
Yes.  They were very good about reminding me that my application was still not in after I sent in my check.  They were good when I had questions on the application.  They were good about letting me know my application had been submitted and that (March 18) my file was complete. 

But since then, not so good >:(.  I took the LSAT in Feb., so they can be excused for not getting to my file until recently, but now admitted students day has come and gone and still....nothing.  Every day I race home from work to check the mailbox and...nothing.  I did e-mail them after the admitted students day and they thought we'd hear one way or the other by the end of April. 

Tough planning the future without knowing though.  I just changed jobs (mo money! 8)) and had to make the decision without knowing if I'd be working and doing law school this Fall.  At least the new employer claims they will be as flexible as my former would have been. 
Go Bush!  (8

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 02:51:22 PM »
Berggy,

Check out www.lawschoolnumbers.com for compiled information on the who/when of Wisconsin admissions so far.  Not a lot of activity in the last month, although it seems that there has been some in the first week of April so maybe they are releasing a fresh batch of decisions.
Go Bush!  (8

scolomon

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 12:50:14 AM »
i had my stuff in october 1
i got around 4 emails saying
WE WILL LOOK AT YOUR APP SOON
WE HAVE STARTED LOOKING AT YOUR APP
WE ARE ALMOST DONE LOOKING AT YOUR APP
then they sent the decision and they rejected me
after a lot of letters too
Jesus, what a waste of paper